Why become a member? ×

Where do I even begin?

With regard to the string gauges he fitted - he says 9's or 10's - these are not Baritone string gauges. They're regular 6 string leccy guitar gauges.

Baritone gauge would be something like 13-72 or there abouts.

What he's done is take a factory built 7 string  and converted it to a 6 string.  Utterly pointless

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fleabag said:

With regard to the string gauges he fitted - he says 9's or 10's - these are not Baritone string gauges. They're regular 6 string leccy guitar gauges.

Baritone gauge would be something like 13-72 or there abouts.

What he's done is take a factory built 7 string  and converted it to a 6 string.  Utterly pointless

I was wondering this - has he just assumed that, because a 7-string is typically strung down to a low B, it is de facto a bari guitar?

I’ve been newly exposed to this chap’s creations and conversions but did wonder what he’s done to offend (apart from the obvious weirdosity of his creations).

Looking at his eBay feedback he can’t be doing too much wrong as he’s achieved 1583 feedback score all of which are positive. I wouldn’t mind that score for trading instruments.

50 minutes ago, vinorange said:

I’ve been newly exposed to this chap’s creations and conversions but did wonder what he’s done to offend (apart from the obvious weirdosity of his creations).

Looking at his eBay feedback he can’t be doing too much wrong as he’s achieved 1583 feedback score all of which are positive. I wouldn’t mind that score for trading instruments.

I too think he gets a hard time on here, there's an air of pomposity about, alright his''modifications' might not be to everyone's taste, but his descriptions seem totally honest so he's not trying hide anything and surely if he's selling rubbish he'd have some negative feedback by now.

Alright some of his customers might be disappointed but if the item is as described that's their fault not his  

Some of the comments do get a bit personal, I think it's fine to have a little giggle at some of his creations without getting too nasty, he seems like a pleasant enough bloke with some odd ideas about guitars. Not harming anyone, enjoys what he's doing and has some happy customers.

I can see a genuine use for the wide neck guitar conversions even if the execution seems a bit Heath Robinson,. It's the odd bodging like swapping tuners, knobs and pickups for ill-suited non matching ones and trying to pass them off as upgrades that does me. As long as the buyers like 'em who cares though?

On 17/08/2018 at 22:09, Hellzero said:

He is maybe buying his stuff himself as he seems to be a serious lunatic, who knows ? :crazy:

That would not surprise me at all!

I'd love to see a video of him doing one of these 'Cleartone conversions'. :D

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, pst62 said:

That would not surprise me at all!

I'd love to see a video of him doing one of these 'Cleartone conversions'. :D

For just shy of £95 you can get the experience without ever having to step outside your front door!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-neck-set-up-overhaul-by-post/192640896420?hash=item2cda4acda4:g:3rwAAOSwXqZbOiJy

I wonder if services like sticking a J pickup in a humbucker rout, angling the tuners back for no reason and swapping pots out for ones off a 30 year old beginner bass are included in the price or cost extra.

• Haha 1