Why become a member? ×

Ouch...

BrunoBass

There have been a surprising number of accidents involving dishwashers. You're supposed to place knives in tbe cutlery thing blade-up, for better cleaning, but if you do this with very sharp or very pointy knives it's possible to fall on them, or to cut yourself when removing them after cleaning.

So I always put sharp knives or skewers etc. business-end down - it's safer.

Rock 'n' Roll! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m partially sighted. When I was a kid I watched a film called ‘The Postman Knocks Twice’ . In it the blind lady is being terrified by the baddie. He puts sharp knives into the waste disposal unit. Since then I’ve had a bit of a thing about sharp objects in sinks and such. Fast forward 50 years. Dishwasher’s cutlery baskets. Place the bloody knives in it blade down. Why the hell does the blade need to be upwards?

Same goes for your missus’s blender blade. 

O, afte 30 years of marriage, can I get the message through to my missus🙄

We are an adaptable lot, we humans, normally able to cope with life’s difficulties, so well done to the OP re the gig.

I'm having to gradually adapt the way I play, as I have osteo-arthritis in my left hand, so far mainly in just the thumb and ring finger.

Still OK on the bass, but I find I can’t play more than a couple of chords on a guitar, and it’s no-go on my 12 string.

C'est la vie, as they say.....