Why become a member? ×

ESSENTIAL BASSLINES TO LEARN: THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST

Jaime Tortosa

This song was the fifht track of the The Number of The Beast Album, released on 22nd March 1982. It was wirtten by the great bassist Steve Harris, and inspired by a dream he had. 
I will continue uploading this kind of videos, so keep in tune. Please SHARE the video, it helps a lot. SUBSCRIBE to help to widen the love for bass guitar, and also to encourage me to make more content. 
If you want me to continue with this best metal basslines to learn, don't hesitate and tell me if you liked it or not (press the like or dislike button!). 
I also have a patreon account, where you can get some exclusive content (for example tabs and more posts), so go check it: https://www.patreon.com/malephicbass.
I hope you have enjoyed the music video. For tabs, visit my patreon (first ink in description). 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Jaime Tortosa said:

Thank you!! Steve Harris is one of my bigest influences. Thanks for your kind comment. I'll be doing more Maiden, if you want to subscribe to my youtube channel. 

Yeah mine too. I grew up listening to Maiden and I've seen them live many times. They're one of favourite bands of all time, along with Metallica, GnR, Aeorosmith and pretty much everything else that's now classed as "classic rock", but when I was growing up it was just rock! (When did I get that old?) Although I don't really get to play rock / metal type stuff anymore it's still my favourite genre of music. Sadly playing is now more middle of the road bluesy and poppy stuff. (Again, when did I get that old?) Keep on rockin'

Edited by Newfoundfreedom

13 minutes ago, Jaime Tortosa said:

That is the link: (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdzGmH8kV1A4ggge-TquZDg). Thanks for letting me know the error about the missing link. You can still recover your rock/ metal bass playing!

Yeah, unfortunately as I now live in rural Bulgaria, as far as band mates are concerned the pickings are a bit slim. I'm actually lucky that I found a good bunch of mates who all happen play instruments. To be honest just hanging out with a great bunch of guys and enjoying playing is more important to me now than the type of music. I long ago gave up any delusions of being a rock God. 😂

Subbed. 👍 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Like 1