Why become a member? ×

Radio Gaga

plankspanker

Watching a band at a local pub recently I noticed the lead player had a nifty little wireless thingy plugged into his Les Paul and its mate plugged into his amp. Sounded great, no cable to trip over and ideal for sound-check as he was also operating the PA. I had a quick word with him afterwards and he said it had only cost just over a ton. I didn't catch the name but suspect it was the Xvive available online for around £110. Any experience or thoughts on this?

7 minutes ago, plankspanker said:

Watching a band at a local pub recently I noticed the lead player had a nifty little wireless thingy plugged into his Les Paul and its mate plugged into his amp. Sounded great, no cable to trip over and ideal for sound-check as he was also operating the PA. I had a quick word with him afterwards and he said it had only cost just over a ton. I didn't catch the name but suspect it was the Xvive available online for around £110. Any experience or thoughts on this?

Not great if you enjoy low latency times... and that particular model is not good with active basses.

2 hours ago, plankspanker said:

Hmmm thanks... just watched a couple of YT reviews that were a bit mixed. Think I'll stick with my nice OBBM cables!

Yeah, if you want some wireless with low latency, you are probably looking at the Line 6 stuff at the lower price point.