Why become a member? ×

The FireDragon Triplets

Christine

7 hours ago, Count Bassie said:

So good to see you're at something outstanding Christine!  And right, what else would you be at, of course.  

Always a treat to see your work. 

Good Lord, fancy seeing you here! :) How are you?

Edited by Christine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Christine said:

Hello stranger :) where have you two (CB) come from?

Gday mate, 

Carlo showed us a pic of the FireDragon which lead us here. Great to see that you kept up with the good work.

hope you are going well.

cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RedVee8 said:

Gday mate, 

Carlo showed us a pic of the FireDragon which lead us here. Great to see that you kept up with the good work.

hope you are going well.

cheers

I'm well, making the most of the summer as I can, it is nice to see you both :) and I hope all the rest of the crew are all well too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andyjr1515 said:

That's certainly looking really good from here :)

It's been a PITA! It can't have been much but could I get rid of it? The thing that gets me and I don't understand why, it that despite being grain filled, had countless coats of lacquer and flattened before each days spraying, the day after spraying the grain still telegraphs through the finish. OK it's only just perceivable but it's there. It will be fine once it's hardened, rubbed down and polished but how does that happen?

Well this one has been a learning experience but the sad thing is I'm not 100% sure what I've learnt :facepalm:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Christine said:

It's been a PITA! It can't have been much but could I get rid of it? The thing that gets me and I don't understand why, it that despite being grain filled, had countless coats of lacquer and flattened before each days spraying, the day after spraying the grain still telegraphs through the finish. OK it's only just perceivable but it's there. It will be fine once it's hardened, rubbed down and polished but how does that happen?

Well this one has been a learning experience but the sad thing is I'm not 100% sure what I've learnt :facepalm:

I suppose it's down to the myriad of things that can affect a finish, but it is a bit of a mystery why some go swimmingly well - and some just flippin' won't!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2019 at 02:41, Christine said:

Good Lord, fancy seeing you here! :) How are you?

Sorry to be so slow... I'm ok, busy as a bee in a window!  Seeing a kid off to college this fall, hoping her studies in biomechanical engineering can get me a couple new joints!  Lol.

It's very nice to catch up with you, and your work looks as stellar as ever!  Very nice.  I'll be checking in, if that's ok...

(Carlo told us you were here, posting build threads!  And right, you already knew that...)

Edited by Count Bassie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@ChristineJust had an awesome morning reading this entire build thread nestled in the Brecon Beacons and a cuppa, kids all still asleep!

Bravo - great stuff and excellent learning points all around - lots of mental notes taken to try and improve my rather Neanderthal skills.

At some point I will have to progress from tarting up someone else’s work and graft a body myself.

• Like 1