Why become a member? ×

Recommend me a bag for carrying stuff to gigs

ianwild16

I'm looking for something new to carry my gig gear in, with plenty of compartments, to keep stuff tidy.

I'm currently just using an old rucksack, but it's seen better days. 

The stuff I carry in my bag -

Guitar leads

Power lead

Power adapter 

Speakon lead

Spare strings

Foldable stand

D.I. box

Guitar strap

Drugs.....paracetamol etc

Clip on tuner

Pen & Business cards

.... then at the gig it'll hold my wallet phone and keys. 

Ideally I'd like the bag to hold my amp head, an Aguilar TH350.

What do you use?

Big holdall, into which i put my various leads and parts into three separate 'bag for life' type bags - one each for jack leads, mic and speaker leads, and kettle leads/power supplies etc.

Makes it easier to whip out the right bag in gloomy venues. Things like guitar stand, extension lead/plugs, mics etc go at the bottom, round the edges or in side pockets.

My small Markbass head fits inside a laptop neoprene bag inside there too, or in its usual Markbass carrying bag.

My holdall is a wreck too but i'll probably replace with something pretty similar when the time comes.

I also use some bungy cords from Halfords etc to bind together mic stands, speaker stands etc into one big bundle, which can then be carried in one trip 'twixt venue and car boot.

Whatever took my fancy in TK Maxx. Look for the red-label final reductions. I have a nondescript green rucksack that has withstood years of rehearsals and gigs. Laptop bags can be great for class D amp heads. They will not look stylish (red label!) but can be of good quality and cheap.

It also gives you something to do if you ever get dragged in there.

Edited by DBerriff

I use a laptop bag bought thru Amazon. Takes my leads, power cables and speaker cables,  tuner and compressor pedals if required, notepad or music sheets whatever is required for rehearsals, spare batteries, pens, etc and keep my car keys and bank cards etc while rehearsing (its kept at my feet during rehearsals at all times :D

i've even carried my GK MB200 as a spare but it gets a little crowded in there.

At times i wish it was a little bigger tho. Another couple inches deeper. (ooh Matron !!!!!)

Dave

• Like 1

My amp head has its own carry case with a shoulder strap, and all my leads, stand, pedal board and other assorted debris all go into a very big, very heavy duty black hold-all that I hurriedly bought at JFK airport when one of my suitcases zips failed at check in. Because it’s soft it’s easy to squeeze in the car or van around other stuff.

Edited by BrunoBass