Why become a member? ×

ChangesTwoBowie @ Witney Music Festival 17/8/18

hiram.k.hackenbacker

Just now, FinnDave said:

I am gigging tomorrow, might wander down this evening, unless it looks crowded - I don't do crowds if I can avoid them. 

I’ve played there before and it does get busy, but that was on a Saturday. They’ve never had the main stage running on a Friday before, so I really don’t know what it’s going to be like today.

I must have driven past the place it's going to be (the Less) on Wednesday bringing my wife home from work.

I went to the festival on a Saturday afternoon a few years ago, and didn't see any bands I found interesting, but I might give it another go today. Do we need Basschat badges or something in case we run into each other? :)

1 hour ago, FinnDave said:

I must have driven past the place it's going to be (the Less) on Wednesday bringing my wife home from work.

I went to the festival on a Saturday afternoon a few years ago, and didn't see any bands I found interesting, but I might give it another go today. Do we need Basschat badges or something in case we run into each other? :)

Ha ha. I did have a Basschat polo shirt once, but I’m not sure where it is now. 

I’ll keep a look out for someone wearing a Grateful Dead shirt. I have got that right haven’t I? Apologies if not 😀

I think it's a couple of hours. There's another car park a little further past Sainsburys, straight over the next roundabout, and you get 3 hours free there, might be unlimited in the evenings, mainly for shoppers at Waitrose and the town centre. Best bet is to keep and eye on the time and move from Sainsburys to the Waitrose one. 

1 minute ago, ped said:

I’d park down station lane, there’s a warehouse where Fabukous Bakin’ Boys used to be, I think it’s avenue 2. 

Last time I went to the festival, that's where everyone was trying to park! If you park at Sainsburys, can walk out the back exit and cross the road straight into the Leys (I know you know that, Ped, its' for the benefit of those less familiar with Witney).

• Like 1

Sorry, failed to get out of the door, too busy trying to get used to my new six string in the hope of being able to gig it tonight and lost all sense of time. Hope it went well (including the parking!). Catch you another time.