Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Toneman 600 help

paddy109

Dear Basschatters, I have a used Ashdown Toneman 600 that has been sat around not being used for about 1 year.  Plugged it in yesterday and no sound, it was running fine last time I used. The amp lights up and and fans working but the VU needle is not moving unless I put the compression on then the needle moves to about midpoint and just stays there. I know all my cables are fine as I ran them through my Terror. 

I have had the amp out of its housing and no fuses are blown including the ones in front panel and nothing else obvious. Any ideas for a fix before I give up on this amp?

Paddy

18 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

Have you tried the old patch lead in the send return loop trick? 

This bypasses the preamp doesn't it? It allows a preamp pedal to be used to replace the ashdown one - assuming the problem is with the preamp?.

I don't think so, exactly, the send is after the preamp, return is input to power amp, so, yes, if you only input into the return, you don't use the preamp at all, but the power amp will be expecting line level input, which a preamp pedal should provide. Send return loop is for running effects at line level, meant to produce less (unwanted!) noise from effects.

On 19/08/2018 at 11:23, paddy109 said:

Thanks,

Ive mailed Guy.

On 17/08/2018 at 16:49, paddy109 said:

Nothing from https://www.basschat.co.uk/profile/11294-ashdown-engineering/

Has any one else got any advice or is the amp destined for the skip ☹️

All our amps are repairable forever, don't skip it as it will be something small and simple!  Guy will get back to you and sort but please be aware he's only in Tues-Thurs each week

Edited by Ashdown Engineering