Why become a member? ×

Bye bye Zoom G3X, hello...

Kiwi

mooer_oceanmachine-messe2016_001.jpg

I decided to dedicate my trusty Zoom G3X to my PC and replace it with one of these, a Mooer Ocean Machine which is basically two delays and a reverb in one pedal with a looper.  It's a bit complex for my needs if I am honest but I was only using the G3X for reverb and delays and the price is pretty reasonable. 

What a difference removing the Zoom has made!  String attack definition is amazing, really clear, there's more of everything else too.  My cheap ol' 5E3 based Ibanez TSA5 combos sound like they've gone up in price. I'm starting to wonder about whether to keep the Zoom B3 now...

• Like 1

Yes it is complex!! 

I have a school to run right now so I don't have the time to get jiggy with it.  I don't know how to use the looper yet.  But patch 1A was nearly perfect out of the box, 5c is pretty great too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/08/2018 at 16:55, Rich said:

I believe it's the beautiful pointy one, yes. How I miss seeing that shape in the sky. :( 

On 20/08/2018 at 20:02, Rich said:

NEEDS MORE KNOBS.jpg

You're right. I've made a start at messing about with it but the interface isn't very intuitive.  Looks like I'll have to study the instruction manual. 
iaX.gif