Why become a member? ×

Headset Mic

PaulWarning

When I play in Isabelle, I just do bv's. Space is often tight so I use a headset mic. I use a Sennheiser Freeport jobbie. Sounds good and not let me down so far. Trouble with them is you've got no dynamic control so can't back off the mic, and anything you say is heard by the crowd so you have to switch it off to talk to the band.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bertbass said:

I use one of these, https://www.thomann.de/gb/shure_wh20tqg.htm?ref=prod_rel_341637_1  and it's great.  Not the highest output though.

Cheers, we've decided on something similar, the Shure WH20 XLR so we don't have to mess about using a different plug and phantom power, there doesn't seem many about that are not designed for use with some sort of power pack

I'm wireless so wanted the mini plug for the transmitter, had to rewire it though for the Line 6 transmitter.  Very happy with it.  It is a bit low in the output department, but that's never been a problem as I just up the gain a bit.

I do use a footswitch to switch it on and off so that I can cough, talk the others in the band etc.

• Like 1