Why become a member? ×

Customized Artwork on Bass

mash13229

Hello, I am new to this forum so excuse me if I post this in the wrong area. I am moving to the UK and I want to customize the body of one of my bass guitars with custom artwork that I will provide. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaKe6_xkgEA) Here is an example of what I mean having the body and headstock customized with his own artwork. I am moving to London so if there are any locals would be helpful as well.

Thank you

This should work:

I would think that's fairly straightforward to do - I'm assuming it's actual newspaper applied to the front & headstock of the bass, probably over a white, or other pale base coat.

Not sure what you'd use as adhesive but would guess something water-based that would allow you to position the paper, smooth out any wrinkles etc. and shape it around contours when wet. Can't be entirely sure but I think it's only on the front of the body. Once it's applied, trimmed so it's tidy & allowed to dry, you'd lacquer over it & build up sufficient coats to be able to cut it back to a shine without going through to the paper.

Looking forward to seeing a Daily Mail Brexit rant stuck all over someone's bass then... :lol: :ph34r:

On 11/08/2018 at 14:00, Bassassin said:

This should work:

I would think that's fairly straightforward to do - I'm assuming it's actual newspaper applied to the front & headstock of the bass, probably over a white, or other pale base coat.

Not sure what you'd use as adhesive but would guess something water-based that would allow you to position the paper, smooth out any wrinkles etc. and shape it around contours when wet. Can't be entirely sure but I think it's only on the front of the body. Once it's applied, trimmed so it's tidy & allowed to dry, you'd lacquer over it & build up sufficient coats to be able to cut it back to a shine without going through to the paper.

Looking forward to seeing a Daily Mail Brexit rant stuck all over someone's bass then... :lol: :ph34r:

Yeah haha I guess those are the steps but I know that i'll mess it up and looking to see if someone in London does this type of customization... Thanks for your response :)