Why become a member? ×

Livingstone Brown

fleabag

Anyone remember  Night Of The Guitars from waaaaaaaaaaaay  back in th 80's ?

I watched the whole show and was mightily impressed with bass player  Livingstone Brown,  playing here in this vid with the late  Pete Haycock ( RIP ) formerly of the Climax Blues Band

Check L B's playing on this track of Pete's - Dr Brown I Presume - wonderful feel

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fleabag said:

I watched the whole show and was mightily impressed with bass player  Livingstone Brown,  playing here in this vid with the late  Pete Haycock ( RIP ) formerly of the Climax Blues Band

Check L B's playing on this track of Pete's - Dr Brown I Presume - wonderful feel

Ah an amazing blast from the past! I had this album when I was about 15 on cassette and this is the opening tune. 

It's great isn't it? I think Pete Heycock died a couple of years ago. I wonder what else Livingston Brown was involved in? I'd love to hear more of his playing. 

I think Livingstone Brown sang and played bass on Robin Trower's 21st Century Blues album which was a terrific return to form for RT in the mid-1990s. LB's singing and bass playing were sublime. He has played on and produced one or two of RT's albums since. I think LB has a recording studio in Godalming, Surrey and works mainly as a producer. This is all from memory and I'm old so this may be wrong.

Yeah , he did  20th Century Blues album with Trower,  and he's also worked with some well known  players - Phil Manzanera, Jan Akkerman, Tina Turner, Bryan Ferry. I think he produces a lot as well as bass playing. Also play keys

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure that gig was at The Forum in Kentish Town (or could have been in it's previous guise as The Town and Country Club). I was there. Really great night with Randy California, Lesley West, Steve Hunter and a load more, but Peter Haycock was just sublime and Livingstone Brown was outstanding.

Edited by Japhet
  • Like 1

On 11/08/2018 at 01:00, fleabag said:

Fantastic playing! 

I'd never heard of him before to be honest but pleased to have done so now..

Seems to have been pretty active over the intervening years.

http://www.livingstonebrown.com

Thanks

• Like 1