Why become a member? ×

Finding time to practice with 4 kids

AndyTravis

27 minutes ago, Tokalo said:

Wait till one of them is 16,  picks up your bass and Inot 3 months is not only far better than you, but gigging in the most popular band in school. Can't get any time in the practice room now!

And uses you brand new Aguilar TH500 Tone Hammer 😀

I'm also a member of the 4 kid club, eldest 9 and youngest 1 - I don't get time to practice during the day.

If I even attempt to pick up the bass the kids and the wife get upset.  I have to wait until 9 o'clock, bed times are usually finished and its wood shedding time!!

My two eldest have just started drum lessons - might be an opportunity for some family jamming in the near future !

Edited by PJ-Bassist

49 minutes ago, discreet said:

This makes no sense. Are you tired for some reason??

Sorry, looks like my phone had made some crazy auto-corrections along with some poor typos on my part - I've edited my original post - hopefully it makes more sense now.

5 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

Sorry, looks like my phone had made some crazy auto-corrections along with some poor typos on my part - I've edited my original post - hopefully it makes more sense now.

No apology necessary. It was a joke about being tired. Who wouldn't be, with four kids? :)

I’m reading this trying to settle a teething baby! It’s really hard to find the time around parenting and work commitments to pick up the bass and open a book. Sometimes this doesn’t happen for me until after midnight. It’s a pain but I’m really glad every time I do manage to find the energy and headspace to do it. 

It’s not going to be like this forever! 

• Like 1