Why become a member? ×

Finding time to practice with 4 kids

AndyTravis

1 hour ago, steantval said:

They both have the same name and who is Tom 😀😀

O’Neill is an odd choice, but it’s a traditional family name...Tom is a local one legged pool shark who does a tasty (and reasonably priced) body boards...

Incidentally my father in law (O’Neill Clarke III) also claims he invented cropped trousers and Wet suits but wasn’t making much money until he incorporated the two inventions...😉

Edited by AndyTravis

2 hours ago, Yank said:

Your father in law is in great shape and your son looks like he thinks he's king of the ocean.  Great pic!  I bet they're both bada$$ on those boards.

65 last week and 5 years cancer free, very cool man - I’ve known him for 30 years.

black belt in judo too...😳

Dan thinks the world of him and yes, he does think he’s a surfing hero

Edited by AndyTravis

I've got one kid. I don't practice much at all. When I do it's headphones on, playing through new songs for the band set. Most new covers I learn by ear or a quick reference to tabs or chord charts. It's hard work juggling it all, especially when there's a commute for the day job. 

I have 3 sprogs and never get the time to play, I don't even have space. the instruments are crammed into the space next to my books in my bedroom (the ones not in the loft or garage), and there are always chores or DIY tasks to do!

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

I have 3 sprogs and never get the time to play, I don't even have space. the instruments are crammed into the space next to my books in my bedroom (the ones not in the loft or garage), and there are always chores or DIY tasks to do!

Me too

Tsk! Pah! Far too late to complain about lack of time now. One has to commit either to being a good bass player and keeping one's pants on, OR banging it on the table and rogering anyone within grappling distance at every opportunity.

Unfortunately I did neither. :(

Edited by discreet
  • Haha 2