Why become a member? ×

Does The Colour Of Your Bass Affect Your Playing?

Hobbayne

John Falstrom thinks so.

I think he may have a point. I always play slightly differently on my LPB MIM with the maple  than my Olly white USA with the rosewood board.

I never really though about it before.

About 5:50 in the video.

Edited by Hobbayne

The fretboard colour doesn`t make me play any differently but I do find that the colour of the bass itself influences my stage performance - with my black basses I`m more subdued, but when playing the white ones I tend to move about a bit more. Of course at 52 that really means shuffle around more on the same spot, but mentally I`m leaping and running around when the white bass is on.

• Haha 3

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 18:22, Hobbayne said:

John Falstrom thinks so.

I always play slightly differently on my LPB MIM with the maple  than my Olly white USA with the rosewood board

what rubbish. I don't even LOOK at my bass when playing, how could it's looks affect my playing?

codswhallop

more likely the rolled edges and dressed frets on your USA helps you to play better, but not the colour of the body and pickguard lol

Edited by bazzbass

3 hours ago, bazzbass said:

what rubbish. I don't even LOOK at my bass when playing, how could it's looks affect my playing?

codswhallop

more likely the rolled edges and dressed frets on your USA helps you to play better, but not the colour of the body and pickguard lol

Yes, thats probably it!

He even had me fooled for a minute! 🤣