Why become a member? ×

Hellooooo

jonpain

Evening all,

Just introducing myself, I'm an occasional bassist in a worship band.  I've been playing badly for about 15 years and since having kids 3 years ago I haven't really had time to play at all.  The one positive is that I invested in a Gibson Midtown Standard 3 days before we found out he was coming!

I started out with a Jim Deacon P Bass copy, then moved to a Warwick Roackbass Streamer 5 string after a year.  I had that one for a good long while before upgrading to the Gibson.  I also have an Ashton 5 string electro-acoustic that I use for home practise.  My amp is a Peavey TKO115 (on permanent loan to the church as I dislike their Laney!)

Hey Jonpain 

Welcome to the forum and some glorious basses you've owned. I guess a good excuse to keep your Gibson is its symbolic to your little man being born... not that I'd expect your Mrs to get you to sell up but I've got your back 😉

Enjoy the forum and performing with the band 😁

BSB 

8 hours ago, bigsmokebass said:

I guess a good excuse to keep your Gibson is its symbolic to your little man being born... not that I'd expect your Mrs to get you to sell up but I've got your back 😉

The Gibson is going up for sale in a couple of weeks.  She's not pushing me to do it but it's time for a change and something cheaper again for a while.