Why become a member? ×

Dave Grohl - Play

NancyJohnson

Watched this in spite of myself. Really enjoyed some of the quieter bits where the Rhodes came through, if he switched to doing stuff like I'd happily listen to more. But he kept going back to stock Foo Fighters stuff which I find really boring. Nice guy tho aye.

They were my favourite band as a kid for the first 2 albums, 3rd I prefer now I'm older but beyond that, yeah, safer than a high vis jacket in the popemobile. 

Dave Grohl though, love him. Have all the time in the world for him. And for those saying about boring basslines, check out some of Nate Mendel's earlier work with Sunny Day Real Estate and Juno (album A Future Lived In Past Tense). I respect them immensely for who they are and where they came from and what they meant to me as a kid.

On 10/08/2018 at 10:59, Spoonman said:

Love that Nik Huber bass he picks up half way through 😍

https://nikhuber-guitars.com/rietbergen_bass.html

+1 - that's a great looking instrument. 

I quite enjoyed the video.  I'm a pretty big Foo fighters fan and a big admirer of Dave Grohl, how he comes across and everything he has achieved.

I've never been particularly taken with Nate Mendel's bass work with the Foos. Rope is the only song he played on that I think has a decent/creative bass line.   Dave demonstrates here he'd actually do a better job if he was to compose them IMO.