Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Squier SQ Precision Bass MIJ 1983 Sunburst
£425

castlemaine22

Hi all,

I've reluctantly decided to part ways with my SQ P bass. It appears that these don't come up for sale very often, and this is a fine example  -  coming with the original hard case, inspection tag and a beautiful tort pickguard the owner before me had made (original white one included). When I brought the bass a couple of years back there was quite a lot of fret wear, so I took it to a luthier for a level and dress, now it plays like a dream with a nice low action. Everything is in great working order but has some natural wear and tear for a bass of this age, which I have tried to picture as best I can, let me know if you want any more photos! The bass comes in at 4.1 KG on my bathroom scales and is strung with nickel roundwounds.

These basses were produced for a period alongside the legendary JV series instruments. The main difference is that the SQ series were less vintage accurate and hardware was similar to 70’s era Fenders. The build quality and finishing superior to many US Fenders of the same era, hence these instruments being quite sought after. More information on the SQ can be found here - http://www.21frets.com/squier_jv/thesqpage.htm

I'm looking for £425 for this fine sounding bass, collection from Leeds is preferred, but can post to UK at additional cost.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

My feedback -

Edited by castlemaine22