Why become a member? ×

EBay cash conundrum

redbandit599

Hi all, 

I'm trying to buy an item of EBay - it's in the frozen north, a town called Nelson near Burnley.

I am in that long way away Essex.

Seller seems legit but inexperienced and ( understandably ) prefers cash on collection.

Have any of you found a service our courier that will check goods match description,pay the cash when picking up and ship the item?

Cheers 

Jason

39 minutes ago, ead said:

Nelson is only a few miles from me. next to Colne (silent "L").

Played at Jimmy Nelsons there a few times many moons ago. The hill was that steep that we couldn't get the van up! After much thrashing of the engine it got there only to find we had to lug all the gear up a load of stairs too!

He's now opened himself up to an old ebay scam. 

He gets paid through PayPal, the buyer collects item then waits a week or so and claims money back through PayPal for not receiving goods. Seller has to produce a receipt to prove the item was sent, obviously cannot do this as it was never sent, PayPal refund buyer. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Daz39 said:

Pendle, where the inter-town bus route refers to Witches!

Aye it's an interesting part of the country and somewhere I'm familiar with.

You have Clitheroe (or Clit Hero as I refer to it), which used to have (and perhaps still does) the "highest concentration of millionnaires-per-square-mile in the UK outside of London". And in stark contrast you towns like Nelson that suffer from severe levels of socio-economic deprivation.

10 minutes ago, Skol303 said:

Aye it's an interesting part of the country and somewhere I'm familiar with.

You have Clitheroe (or Clit Hero as I refer to it), which used to have (and perhaps still does) the "highest concentration of millionnaires-per-square-mile in the UK outside of London". And in stark contrast you towns like Nelson that suffer from severe levels of socio-economic deprivation.

Yeah - I live in Halifax and do venture up that way: usually via the road up from Todmorden to Burnley, or via Wycoller.

Clitheroe and surrounds broadly nice, most of the Blackburn-Oswaldtwistle-Accrington-Burnley-Nelson-Colne megaplex is pretty dire (nice Waitrose on the way north excepted)