Why become a member? ×

Won NoTreble's 'Bass Of The Week' again !

Andyjr1515

Just found out that my recent build for @Len_derby (covered to sleep-inducing detail in the Build Diaries) has been awarded 'Bass Of The Week' in the excellent (not that I'm biased) US-based e-zine 'No Treble' 

I'm well chuffed - it's my fourth BOTW with them :)

Here's the link:

https://www.notreble.com/buzz/2018/08/06/bass-of-the-week-ajr-guitarmods-swift-lite-lightweight-bass/

I'm just off for a cold shower to deal with my nauseating smugness  :lol:

Andy

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

Just now, Happy Jack said:

As a bassist who has been obsessed with lightweight basses for a long time, that is just lovely.

Bloody good thing it's a jazz configuration though. I don't get on with jazz basses so there's no temptation there!

Well, with a nifty slip of a router, it could easily become a P.  I'm sure @Len_derby wouldn't mind.  He only had to wait three or four months for it, after all :lol:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, No. 8 Wire said:

Congrats Andy.

With a body that light, how do you avoid neck dive? Just lightweight tuners or is there more to it?

Lightweight tuners, top horn in the Goldilocks zone near the 12/13 frets, bridge set well back reducing the projection of the neck, relatively small headstock, relatively heavy bridge

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

Congratulations. That’s a great looking bass, do I detect a little tip of the hat towards Ric? I am amazed it’s under 7lb. 

Hmmm....I don't think so...

It's actually a stretched version of this piccolo bass I designed and built for Pete, our band's bassist:

KA17naGl.jpg

Because of the longer neck, it meant the top horn needed extending but that's pretty much the shape.  If Ric's have muscled in, they will be hearing from my solicitors! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, timhiggins said:

That's a handsome looking thing well done...

how much would something like that set me back ?

Thanks!  A mere king's ransom :D

There is, of course, room to negotiate around which king and how badly we want him back - I'll pm you ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andyjr1515 said:

If Ric's have muscled in, they will be hearing from my solicitors! :lol:

There's quite a few differences, for a start your bass is lovely and Ric's are the ugliest basses in the world, also I can't see even the slightest resemblance to a Ric and lastly I imagine your bass sounds good.

• Haha 1