Why become a member? ×

Text input problem - Android phone + Google Chrome

BreadBin

Question

I keep getting this weird problem when posting from my phone - I press reply or quote and the box pops up however there is no cursor in the text input area and no text comes up.

Sometimes it works if I post just the quote and then edit but now even that doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas chaps?

7 answers to this question

On 06/08/2018 at 08:59, BreadBin said:

I keep getting this weird problem when posting from my phone - I press reply or quote and the box pops up however there is no cursor in the text input area and no text comes up.

Sometimes it works if I post just the quote and then edit but now even that doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas chaps?

Test - it worked this time!

(I posted the above from my laptop) 

Edited by BreadBin

On 10/08/2018 at 09:23, BreadBin said:

This is still ongoing - I reported some Bot Spam earlier and was unable to include a description in the report. 

It's most peculiar and doesn't seem to have a pattern. 

Edited by BreadBin

14 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Have the owners of the site never thought of making it available on Tapatalk? (I'm assuming it's not on there as I searched and got a forum for bass fishing 😂). It makes browsing and using forums much easier than a standard mobile site. 

Considered it but the site relies on a number of customisations which wouldn't work correctly in Tapatalk (it's also an outdated and clunky system IMHO)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, charic said:

I'm afraid this sounds like an issue on your end.  All I can really suggest is re-installing chrome.  What android device are you using? Is it particularly old?

I am using a couple of years old Sony Xperia phone - I have no issues on anywhere other than this site which suggests it's not my device to me?