Why become a member? ×

Chic and Nile Rodgers

RandomBass

Saw Chic and Nile tonight. Very enjoyable, they know how to put on a show. Bass player wasn't bad either lol. Actually, he was top notch.

I was air bass-ing it tonight, sadly enough.

I slap so much better without a bass.

Edited by RandomBass
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Jerry Barnes. He’s awesome. 

Saw them a few years back in Leeds. What a show! Met Jerry very briefly afterwards, shook his hand... The man has these massive muscular hands that just make you feel incredibly inferior. And I consider myself to have fairly big strong hands.

• Like 1

I'd like to mention one of the brass section - Bill Holloman.  I don't know if he was at that gig but he's got great stage presence that shines out from backstage and he seems to have been with the band on quite a lot of tours.

He's also a bassist and had bands of his own.  Session players come and go but Bill is seen in a lot of the Chic footage that I've looked at on YT.

Sax Solo

Bill Holloman Quartet

Jerry Barnes is a BIG lad.  I enjoy it when he's on the move with his groove.  Of course I miss Bernard but I'd rather see someone play their own bass lines than ape Mr Edwards'.  Jerry's got much to live up to and he does it well.

Edited by SpondonBassed