Why become a member? ×

SOLD - 1989 Warwick Streamer Stage 2 4 String
£1350

spacecowboy

Hi Guys, 

I have for sale my beautiful Warwick Streamer Stage 2 from 1989, as i hope you can see from the photos below it is in incredible shape for a bass of 29 years old, its fitted out with an original MEC 2 Band active EQ and MEC Jazz pickups, stained headstock, mother of pearl yin yang inlays and Warwick W headstock logo, its even still got its original gold made in West Germany text on the back of the electronincs cavity, sounds exactly as you'd want an Afzelia and Wenge Streamer to sound. The bass was recently setup by local guitar hero John Wesley and as the picture below shows this bass has a RIDICULOUSLY low action, no buzz to be found anywhere, strung with new Elixir nanoweb light guage strings. A couple of really small dings to the bass as seen on the photos but it's been very very well looked after. 

I'll answer any and all questions you may have, as for string spacing its adjustable at the bridge to suit. 

Will ship with Hardcase and an almost new used once tin of Warwick Wax. 

£1350 posted. 

The only trades I would consider would be for a 5 string jazz bass. 

Thanks, 

WARWICK01_zpsqslxa79m.jpg

WARWICK04_zpsa10az0yk.jpg

WARWICK06_zpss2zcxbjh.jpg

WARWICK05_zpstbb71iga.jpg

WARWICK03_zpsdl9xzpfo.jpg

WARWICK07_zpsowkhk5c3.jpg

WARWICK08_zpsy1ffvtaw.jpg

WARWICK02_zpsbhjqnr3z.jpg

frets_zps1csuc87s.jpg

frets%202_zps5jemwlsn.jpg

trussrod_zpscwz6odln.jpg

Edited by spacecowboy
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, 4000 said:

Lovely bass. The 2 Warwicks I always liked but never actually got were these and early Thumbs. Sadly I suspect the weight would  be a bit too much these days.

These older Streamers really aren't heavy, I don't know the weight of this particular bass, but there is no massive difference between my Roadworn Jazz and the Warwick. 

11 hours ago, Tandro said:

I'm just curious spacecowboy, how many ss2's have you had the privilege of owning, any differences between them? I would love this one, but then that's me just being greedy and dreaming I had the cash

Well I worked 3 jobs as a early 20 something to afford my first which was an '88 Stage 2 4 string, If we're talking Stage 2 Streamers then I have owned 5 4 strings, 4 from '88 1 from '89, and 4 5 strings, earliest being a 1990 and the oldest being a 2005, I don't like the 5 string version very much, especially not after playing the 4's they just don't have the focus or tightness or sound of the 4 strings, I don't really know why, the attack just isn't there for me, the 1990 had a wonderful old EMG circuit in it with super hot EMG jazz pickups that was the best of the fivers. 

I had a red stained and heavily laqcured Stage 2 from '88 that was really really nice, I didn't think i'd like the glossy neck but it was fun, but the difference between the natural Afzelia Streamers is very small, the main difference on this one is I don't have any sharp edges on the frets on this one, I had a couple where the frets had got sharp on the edges and they had to be rolled off, but this one is great, I got John to dress the frets on this bass so there was no issues. 

And I'm really going to miss this one and I honestly think it will be my last, I'm finally knuckling down and doing a lot of schooling on my bass this year, proper theory stuff, and my "school" bass is the Fender Jazz, John has worked miracles on the Jazz bass and got the action so low and the bass singing so well that I don't like swapping between the Jazz and the Warwick, the extra 4 frets of the Warwick confuse me sometimes as i'm getting used to running out of notes to play at the 20th fret :)

Thanks, 

Ah awesome man! You've tried quite a few, good to know your opinions on any differences. I 'think' I have your red one. I've always wanted to get a natural one, but I'll have to get 2 more jobs also 😛

If my numbers play on Friday I'll be in touch (heh), otherwise GLWTS!

15 minutes ago, Tandro said:

Ah awesome man! You've tried quite a few, good to know your opinions on any differences. I 'think' I have your red one. I've always wanted to get a natural one, but I'll have to get 2 more jobs also 😛

If my numbers play on Friday I'll be in touch (heh), otherwise GLWTS!

The red one was the best ;)

Updated photography, with some requests sent by various users over PM. 

These include a close up shot of the first and second frets and the truss rod nut. As you can hopefully see the frets are in perfect condition and the truss rod nut still has good sharp edges for allen keys to bite. 

Thanks,  

On 08/08/2018 at 10:51, spacecowboy said:

These older Streamers really aren't heavy, I don't know the weight of this particular bass, but there is no massive difference between my Roadworn Jazz and the Warwick. 

Well I worked 3 jobs as a early 20 something to afford my first which was an '88 Stage 2 4 string, If we're talking Stage 2 Streamers then I have owned 5 4 strings, 4 from '88 1 from '89, and 4 5 strings, earliest being a 1990 and the oldest being a 2005, I don't like the 5 string version very much, especially not after playing the 4's they just don't have the focus or tightness or sound of the 4 strings, I don't really know why, the attack just isn't there for me, the 1990 had a wonderful old EMG circuit in it with super hot EMG jazz pickups that was the best of the fivers. 

I had a red stained and heavily laqcured Stage 2 from '88 that was really really nice, I didn't think i'd like the glossy neck but it was fun, but the difference between the natural Afzelia Streamers is very small, the main difference on this one is I don't have any sharp edges on the frets on this one, I had a couple where the frets had got sharp on the edges and they had to be rolled off, but this one is great, I got John to dress the frets on this bass so there was no issues. 

And I'm really going to miss this one and I honestly think it will be my last, I'm finally knuckling down and doing a lot of schooling on my bass this year, proper theory stuff, and my "school" bass is the Fender Jazz, John has worked miracles on the Jazz bass and got the action so low and the bass singing so well that I don't like swapping between the Jazz and the Warwick, the extra 4 frets of the Warwick confuse me sometimes as i'm getting used to running out of notes to play at the 20th fret :)

Thanks, 

I’ve played several of these old ones (including 2 of the trans red ones - I wonder if one was yours?) and whilst not desperately heavy, my serious back and neck problems mean that anything over 9lbs (8&1/2 if I’m honest) is still too much. Great basses though. I remember once playing every single bass in the Bass Centre in Wapping and one of these was my favourite of them all.

the action on this bass isnt the only thing that is ridiculously low - the price is absolutley crazy low for a golden era Stage 2 in amazing condition! If this was a 5er it would be mine!

GLWTS

• Like 1