Why become a member? ×

Vocal auto tune/ pitch correctors

T-Bay

Anyone use an auto tune/ pitch corrector pedal for their vocals? I only do BV but am aware that I am a not so great up the octaves (so to speak) and this limits what I do. Just wondering if the use of an auto tune pedal would help. Does anyone use one? Do they sound natural? (Obviously I don’t want the very intrusive auto tune warble).

I've got a TC Mic Mechanic and it does provide a gentle bit of assistance.

As it happens I only use that bit of it when I have a bad cold. But the other bits - the D-esser, compression, and the excellent EQ built in is superb. Far better than on most pub grade desks.

• Like 2

What might be helpful is to buy the Boss RV20. It can add an octave in female or male, do 3rds, 5ths, in male or female, or multi voice up to 6 + the usual delay , reverb, and more.

It has pitch correction, ( i think you can do hard or soft but apparently hard sounds like a Cher voice  ). It does more than i've stated as well. Great bit of kit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Boss-VE-20-Vocal-Performer-Multi-Effects/dp/B002W0Z8DU

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I've got a TC Mic Mechanic and it does provide a gentle bit of assistance.

As it happens I only use that bit of it when I have a bad cold. But the other bits - the D-esser, compression, and the excellent EQ built in is superb. Far better than on most pub grade desks.

+1

Thanks for the suggestions, I had done a search before posting but didn’t put the options as wanted real world opinions as opposed to reviews on websites you have no idea about. Oddly(or perhaps not) the two that came up when I looked were the boss and a more expensive one in the TC range (that does stuff I don’t need). I like Boss and TC stuff just need to find one now.