24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pickguard

• Black - Original
    • Parchment
    • Shell
    • Buy a new parchment without the notch

18 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Will be keeping this one.

Up there with 'I'm never drinking again' as one of the biggest lies one tells oneself :lol::lol::lol:

13 hours ago, bazzbass said:

It's a shame Fender have such pathetic routing that you can't go without a pickguard, that natural finish looks sweet. Damn you Fender

Even more annoying is the fact the routing around the neck pickup is mega tidy and I could go for a clear Pickguard but it has that annoying reference cutout near the treble horn.

Almost as annoying as the ‘relic’ stamp under the Pickguard on my 64 custom shop jazz, and the ‘Road/w’ stamp in the roadworn bodies.

Suppose it prevents fakery.

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 04:00, gary mac said:

I would be keeping the black guard as it coordinates pleasingly with the blocks on the fret board.

Yes, I agree. I tried to upgrade my Japanese Ghetty Lee with a white pearl. What set that (1972 ?) Jazz apart were the black blocks. Foghat  had one . Some form of black fits. Or almost black such as midnight blue dark purple, etc. Whatever.Ghetty bought that bass in a pawn shop for $200  . Mine sounds great and has a skinny neck.

Well the Pickguards I ordered from America on Sunday 5th August are in the UK and are clearing customs. Not bad.

The Chrome pickup cover I ordered from Sheffield (Rich Tone Music) on the same date was only dispatched today...

Quite Frankly fosters poor from those guys. I e-mailed then after 5 days and was told “sorry about that, it’ll ship on Monday.” And still didn’t ship until today. Pretty useless.