AndyTravis

NBD - Geddy Lee Which Pickguard   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pickguard

• Black - Original
    • Parchment
    • Shell
    • Buy a new parchment without the notch

Took this in a trade against my Waters PBass.

My Second Geddy - the first was a Black MIJ, this is a Sunburst MIM.

now then, never one to leave things be. I have a spare Jazz Pickguard and must say I’m in a quandary...I wanted to put a montreaux celluloid shell jobbie on it (they’re about £70) but it looks great with the Parchment one (even though it has a truss rod route on it).

help me out...

2DEBDCE4-4708-4EDA-8225-9CB59814BCF5.jpeg

1AF5BEF7-2F83-4613-8DCA-9B19B393F459.jpeg

46CCB106-4DE0-4D60-89E5-7524601148DA.jpeg

BF020756-505C-44F9-A9B6-C7FCE0B0BE16.jpeg

CB528F1F-9F08-4635-BBE1-67A914E98619.png

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 1

Haha. I’m sold on parchment, just not with the truss rod notch. Will be putting a wanted ad up shortly

Was going to PMT to pick up some strings, but it’s warm...and I can’t be bothered as we’re out for tea later without the kids so I’m just relaxing.

stuck an order in for some Fender 40-100, tried some Roto 66 Blue/nickel last week on the CS jazz and I can see why I stopped using them.

The Black Pickguard has a lot of play wear on it - odd really as the rest of the bass is unmarked. 

Got some bits to list too before I continue spending.

I’m in no mad ‘Rush’ 🤦🏻‍♂️

Oh well. Boredom got the better of me. Just spent a ridiculous amount on 2 Pickguards.

The Pure Vintage ones had a shallower bevel and look lovely...the shell looks a bit dark really, but it may go on my white jazz if it’s noticeably nicer than the one already on it.

B6880857-2835-4603-897C-887CAC05E752.jpeg

EAEFEBCE-66ED-4214-8C37-F715BA38DBF8.jpeg

One of these...the bass itself is a Limelight that I commissioned as a replica of the main man's '72 Jazz.  I've got the plain aged white p/g too, but couldn't resist getting the pearloid white one with the amalgamation symbol he has on the US sig basses (with pearloid block markers on the neck).

5abccced4640f_GeddyLeeAmalgamation01.thumb.jpg.019df7ce0856ed094e2458837c696cf7.jpg

1 hour ago, ead said:

One of these...the bass itself is a Limelight that I commissioned as a replica of the main man's '72 Jazz.  I've got the plain aged white p/g too, but couldn't resist getting the pearloid white one with the amalgamation symbol he has on the US sig basses (with pearloid block markers on the neck).

5abccced4640f_GeddyLeeAmalgamation01.thumb.jpg.019df7ce0856ed094e2458837c696cf7.jpg

I’m not a rush fan...and that probably wouldn’t work with Sunburst 🧐

On 05/08/2018 at 15:37, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I've got a couple of spare GL scratchplates. PM me if you like.

28 minutes ago, Bassmingo said:

Where's a good source in the EU (or ships to the EU) for Geddy guards? I've a white 3ply on mine but I've always wanted to experiment with a matte black one ply.....

@Bassmingo meet @Cosmo Valdemar

👍🏼

If nor...WD Music/Sims. 

@TimAl might do single ply matt, not sure.

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 1

The Fender strings didn’t come (a “stock error” amazingly...)

Luckily a mate was on hand and got me some d’addario 40-100 from Dawsons where I worked years ago.

light night and day compared to the Rotos, which are pissing me off; they feel stiff, rough and just don’t suit me at all.

Anyhow, Pickguards are in the post. Can’t wait. Have also got a chrome neck pickup cover on the way.

Set the action today and it’s great, missed that Miller-esque tone...it actually sounds more like a MM Jazz than I remember these doing.

Will be keeping this one. For now 😏

19A679D0-FF4B-4CD6-8529-D42780848168.jpeg

• Like 1