Why become a member? ×

My old POS acoustic with Zep link

skankdelvar

First steel string I bought was a cheapo Italian Eros 606 Dakota. Basically it's an EKO copy with a bolt-on neck; it cost me £38 new in 1978. I've still got it, covered in stickers, crack in the waist, strung up for Nashville high tuning.

Just discovered Page used one to track 'Thank You' on Zep 2. God knows why when he must have had much nicer guitars he could have used o.O

713157309_Eros606dakotapage.jpg.2bd942bb5043fb084fc278660872b537.jpg1553558010_eros606dakotapk.jpg.b18a6932416146cffb8ecc12f4e2d1d7.jpg

NB: Different sound hole decoration on mine...

Edited by skankdelvar

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for the POS acoustic dog. Mine is an Eko Ranger 6, bought from a pawn shop (where else?) for £20 about 20 years ago. Loud, ugly, and about as subtle as being shot in the face in a deserted warehouse :lol: but it does the trick. I like the adjustable bridge saddle height, makes it easy to get the action down without having to fart about with files and stuff. No stickers on mine, although it could do with some to cover up the cracks and dents.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rich said:

+1 for the POS acoustic dog. Mine is an Eko Ranger 6, bought from a pawn shop (where else?) for £20 about 20 years ago. Loud, ugly, and about as subtle as being shot in the face in a deserted warehouse :lol: but it does the trick. I like the adjustable bridge saddle height, makes it easy to get the action down without having to fart about with files and stuff. No stickers on mine, although it could do with some to cover up the cracks and dents.

The other grand thing about these Eros / Eko's is that one can shim the bolt-on neck. Very handy, as I discovered when setting up a pal's Ranger 12-string.

(Deserted warehouse.. what are you like:lol:)

• 1 month later...