Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Warwick Masterbuilt Thumb BO (February 2018 model) - As New - Final Price Reduction to £1450
£1650

three

SOLD - Final Price Reduction to £1450 - shipping at cost (though I'll reduce by a further £20 for collection in Manchester)

There is no way that I would be selling this if it wasn't for a serious HMRC glitch - one that will be rectified in time but is currently causing serious cash-flow problems.  

A Masterbuilt Warwick Thumb BO bass - built in February 2018 (around 6 months old).  It is entirely indistinguishable from new and almost un-played (just a few hours noodling and certainly no rehearsals or gigs).  My intention was to work with it over the summer but I haven't get got around to it and the bass has sat in its beautiful, €400 full leather bag.

Basic details (with much more at: http://www.warwickbass.com/en/Warwick---Products--Instruments--Customshop---Masterbuilt--Basic-Bass-Models--Thumb--Thumb-BO--Thumb-BO-4-String--Thumb-Bo--4-string--Features.html):

Bubinga curved body (Masterbuilt timbers - nicely figured with a 3D effect, particularly on the back of the body)

Wenge 3 piece neck and wenge board (the latter is polished to a ceramic-like sheen)

Nut width 1.5"

20" radius

Brass JAN III

34" scale

Illuminated (fluorescent) side-dots

2 band eg

Wooden tuning pegs

Weight is around 9lbs (sorry that I can't be more accurate)

Premium leather case (as above €400 on its own)

All unused case candy - with Masterbuilt extras (charger pack, red velour cover, images and data stick)

I try to avoid hyperbole in adverts but the quality of build, fit and finish and the attention to detail on this bass is as good as anything you'll find on an Alembic, Fodera or Wal (and I know whereof I speak).  Seriously, this is a good bass.  Playability, as you'd expect, is exceptional - this can be set-up however you want it.  Typical and classic Warwick Thumb tones.

These are €3689 new (so £3284 at current rates).  I got a very good deal on this and I'm selling at what I consider to be a very attractive price.  Essentially, this bass is indistinguishable from new: it is un-played, around 6 months old and just about about half-price (with no build-time and waiting for delivery).

I've replaced the original very blurry images but if you need anything specific, please just ask (the same with any questions).

I can ship, at cost and at the buyer’s expense, to the UK, Europe and the US, though collection from Manchester would be preferred.  Thanks but no trades and no offers

As noted above, if HMRC problems are resolved, I'll need to withdraw this and get back to playing it as intended. 

W6.jpg

W5.jpg

W16.jpg

W17.jpg

W3.jpg

W4.jpg

W10.jpg

W1.jpg

W11.jpg

W14.jpg

W13.jpg

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1401.jpg

Edited by three
new images
  • Like 1

Thanks all for the very kind comments and all PMs should now have a response.  I've replaced the original (awful and blurry) images with improved versions but if you need anything specific or have any questions, please just ask

• 3 weeks later...

Price reduction to £1500

I haven’t been pushing this as a result of travel commitments but I’m back and around a lot more now. The bass very nearly went last week but remains for sale. I’m dropping the price to £1500 - this is essentially a new, virtually un-played Masterbuilt. My trials with HMRC continue. If resolved, I’ll withdraw the bass. Honestly, it’s gorgeous.  I can ship to the UK, most of Europe and the US (at the buyer’s expense). Collection still fabulous around Manchester.

Final Price Reduction to £1450 - a bit of a giveaway price for a bass of this quality and original cost.  Shipping at cost to the UK, most of Europe and the US.  I'll reduce the price by a further £20 for collection in Manchester (much preferred).

Edited by three