Why become a member? ×

So, just how many basses do you own ????

musicbassman

25 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Mine holds 7, 6 basses (one sold awaiting collection) and one little Ibanez SA which covers any guitar parts I do (would prefer an Epiphone Lucille - but won’t spend on one)

A Lucille into the clean channel of a Mesa DC5 slightly pushed is what I think of for an all round great guitar tone. Such a great guitar. 

As for basses it’s 3 for me but honestly the p bass is all I really need. 

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1

Just now, krispn said:

A Lucille into the clean channel of a Mesa DC5 slightly pushed is what I think of for an all round great guitar tone. Such a great guitar. 

I’d love the Gibson, but in all honesty...I wouldn’t ever play it enough to justify it.

1 hour ago, krispn said:

So does the new Sire make 10 or has there been another NBD😀

Just the Sire, matey. Under pressure to replace it with a proper Sadowsky rather than settle for a body double, though, from the miscreants above. I'm managing to resist so far. However, apparently you can get bottled Sadowsky in a Helix patch, so that works for me.

1 hour ago, CamdenRob said:

Mine holds 4 and I currently only have 3... 😬 

Don't make my schoolboy error. Replaced my 5 rack, with a 7 rack. So far so good. 

....But forgot to sell the 5 rack.  

image.png

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

Just now, Al Krow said:

Yeah, but there's a rather tasty ACG just appeared in the FS. And it's not even just full HD. It does 4K and everything!

I won’t say anything...ok, I will, a bit.

no offence to ACG.

One man’s “tasty” is another man’s poison. 

Go for it sunshine 😆

4 minutes ago, krispn said:

If your on board eq can boost at 40Hz and 4kHz you’ll be in the ball park but it’ll be hard to nail the pre exactly. Aguilar have a new teeny version of their old DB924 pre which is very similar to the Sadowsky

https://www.aguilaramp.com/effect-pedals/db925/

@bassfan and I discussed the preamp before. I did a video - it’s slappy. I’ll put it on the Sadowsky Gas thread. But direct into the interface - sounds awesome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krispn said:

If your on board eq can boost at 40Hz and 4kHz you’ll be in the ball park but it’ll be hard to nail the pre exactly. Aguilar have a new teeny version of this DB924 which is very similar to the Sadowsky

https://www.aguilaramp.com/effect-pedals/db925/

Thanks for that. I've actually been surprisingly smitten by my recent purchase of the Tech 21 VTBassDi (after my singular disappointment with the somewhat polite BDDI a couple of years back) - it's such a versatile preamp and some of the clean settings really bring the bass tone to life - it feels similar in effect to the zing of a fresh set of strings compared to old dead ones. And that's before you head into the warm tube and the full on dirt its capable of. It's decade old tech now, but continues to be one of the most popular Tech 21 pedals and I can understand why! 

• Like 2

49562332753_724885a56d_o.jpg

L to R: Music Man Stingray 5 (1989) - Music Man Stingray fretless (2001) - Fender Jazz (USA Standard) (1998) - Tokai JazzSound fretless (198?).

49562831956_d4cd16ea0d_o.jpg

L to R: Westone Thunder II fretless (1981/82) - Westone Thunder II (1981/82) - Tune SWB4-BB (200?)* - Tune TWB-6 (1991)
*(Note - photo of the Tune SWB4-BB is not to the same scale as the other photos. Body size is similar to the TWB-6)

Edited by Stingray5
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Thanks for that. I've actually been surprisingly smitten by my recent purchase of the Tech 21 VTBassDi (after my singular disappointment with the somewhat polite BDDI a couple of years back) - it's such a versatile preamp and some of the clean settings really bring the bass tone to life - it feels similar in effect to the zing of a fresh set of strings compared to old dead ones. And that's before you head into the warm tube and the full on dirt its capable of. It's decade old tech now, but continues to be one of the most popular Tech 21 pedals and I can understand why! 

I moved from a BDDI to a VT Bass. Way better for what I want. I liked it so much I bought 2 x VT500 heads, which are easily my favourite of all the Class Ds I’ve tried. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

@EdLib-3 love that acoustic. For once I’ve no idea what it is...

@AndyTravis it's a Stanford acoustic I bought used from a guy in Portugal - in fact a (snappily named) Stanford Robot. A damn good acoustic bass, the best I've ever played and sounds about as good as an acoustic bass can sound in my view.

That trusty snarling beast of a Geddy Lee Jazz was purchased from @LewisK1975

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EdLib-3 said:

@AndyTravis it's a Stanford acoustic I bought used from a guy in Portugal - in fact a (snappily named) Stanford Robot. A damn good acoustic bass, the best I've ever played and sounds about as good as an acoustic bass can sound in my view.

That trusty snarling beast of a Geddy Lee Jazz was purchased from @LewisK1975

Awesome that you still have it Ed, of all the drives I've done to do Bass deals, coming to meet you in Salisbury was one of the nicest ones!

15 basses and 5 guitars. I recently thought about maybe trading a couple but the derisory amount I was offered by Guitar Guitar put me off. I would rather keep them than give them away for sweeties.