Jump to content
musicbassman

So, just how many basses do you own ????

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Current collection (all 4-string):

  • ACG Custom J-Type fretless
  • ACG Standard Recurve fretless
  • ACG Custom RetroB
  • ACG Standard J-Type
  • ACG Classic Finn 32" scale
  • Anaconda Crusher CES-4
  • Fender Precision 1966
  • Fender Precision Highway One
  • Fender Jazz 65RI CIJ
  • Spector Euro 4LE '77RI
  • Spector Euro 4LE '79RI
Edited by ead
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies to one and all. I got it wrong. The ideal number of basses is NOT nine as I had droned on about earlier in this thread.

After further deep regression analysis (and the recent purchase of "just one more" bass), it's now clear to me where I got my assumptions wrong. The ideal number has nothing to do with not getting into double figures to assist us in shielding our mischief from our better halves, as I had previously incorrectly assumed, but everything to do with the number of fingers on both hands to enable us to properly count them.

The ideal number is actually TEN.

As you were folks. I will be issuing a press release to this effect shortly.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Au contraire..... the ideal number is as many as you can fit in your room/cupboard/storage facility! ;) lol!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cetera said:

Au contraire..... the ideal number is as many as you can fit in your room/cupboard/storage facility! ;) lol!

That's all very well for you to say, you blue-veined custard chucking Member with a zillion gorgeous Spectors and sundry other basses...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ead said:

Current collection (all 4-string):

  • ACG Custom J-Type fretless
  • ACG Standard Recurve fretless
  • ACG Custom RetroB
  • ACG Standard J-Type
  • ACG Classic Finn 32" scale
  • Anaconda Crusher CES-4
  • Fender Precision 1966
  • Fender Precision Highway One
  • Fender Jazz 65RI CIJ
  • Spector Euro 4LE '77RI
  • Spector Euro 4LE '79RI

I've only got 4 so feel totally inadequate now....

Mike Lull M4V

Maruszczyk Jake Basement 55-4 in Butterscotch

Bass Collection Power Bass

Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic

Phil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ideal for me, based on the amount of space I have available, is four basses. Unfortunately, I have seven, though one (Ibanez 6 string) is currently for sale. That leaves the tricky question of which other two are going to have to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Currently I have:

Fender US Standard Precision x 2

Fender US Professional Jazz

EBMM Stingray

Am keeping those, I’ve then got the following which I’ll be putting up for grabs once the world returns to some form of normality:

Fender Player Precision (buttercream/maple)

Squier VM77 Jazz (Black/maple, Fender 74 pickups)

Vintage V4 Tony Butler (refin in Oly white)

And I’m still considering getting  a 5-string..........

 

Edited by Lozz196

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Apologies to one and all. I got it wrong. The ideal number of basses is NOT nine as I had droned on about earlier in this thread.

After further deep regression analysis (and the recent purchase of "just one more" bass), it's now clear to me where I got my assumptions wrong. The ideal number has nothing to do with not getting into double figures to assist us in shielding our mischief from our better halves, as I had previously incorrectly assumed, but everything to do with the number of fingers on both hands to enable us to properly count them.

The ideal number is actually TEN.

As you were folks. I will be issuing a press release to this effect shortly.

What if you come a family rife with in-breeding and actually have 6 fingers on each hand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ead said:

What if you come a family rife with in-breeding and actually have 6 fingers on each hand?

Well that would be entirely consistent with only using 3 bass strings, I guess 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

Well that would be entirely consistent with only using 3 bass strings, I guess 😁

...played at twice the speed (good for metal).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

Well that would be entirely consistent with only using 3 bass strings, I guess 😁

or Norfolk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to count. I was below 10 for a while ( a "little" while) now around 12 or 13 again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFN as they say (from the Preston area)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ead said:

What if you come a family rife with in-breeding and actually have 6 fingers on each hand?

Be heir to the throne?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cetera said:

Au contraire..... the ideal number is as many as you can fit in your room/cupboard/storage facility! ;) lol!

 

I can only imagine your storage facility covers a similar amount of acreage to Heathrow. 😉 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Apologies to one and all. I got it wrong. The ideal number of basses is NOT nine as I had droned on about earlier in this thread.

After further deep regression analysis (and the recent purchase of "just one more" bass), it's now clear to me where I got my assumptions wrong. The ideal number has nothing to do with not getting into double figures to assist us in shielding our mischief from our better halves, as I had previously incorrectly assumed, but everything to do with the number of fingers on both hands to enable us to properly count them.

The ideal number is actually TEN.

As you were folks. I will be issuing a press release to this effect shortly.

So does the new Sire make 10 or has there been another NBD😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I like the idea that if my rack is full I have to sell. Think it holds 7.

You need one more to fill it up? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I like the idea that if my rack is full I have to sell. Think it holds 7.

Mine holds 4 and I currently only have 3... 😬 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bassfan said:

You need one more to fill it up? 😉

That fender is tempting mate...but the HPJ might be a bit nicer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

That fender is tempting mate...but the HPJ might be a bit nicer...

Probably a bit.... 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CamdenRob said:

Mine holds 4 and I currently only have 3... 😬 

Mine holds 7, 6 basses (one sold awaiting collection) and one little Ibanez SA which covers any guitar parts I do (would prefer an Epiphone Lucille - but won’t spend on one)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bassfan said:

Probably a bit.... 😂

D2356D2F-A515-4622-B862-A4351A6B6D9C.thumb.jpeg.c277392936f89be38581aff738eddc96.jpeg

it’s alright - I’m sure you’re understanding x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AndyTravis said:

D2356D2F-A515-4622-B862-A4351A6B6D9C.thumb.jpeg.c277392936f89be38581aff738eddc96.jpeg

it’s alright - I’m sure you’re understanding x

I do dear.... I guess having 2 PJs would be pointless ... 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bassfan said:

I do dear.... I guess having 2 PJs would be pointless ... 😏

361BECDE-2FC6-436A-9087-269FAD9585EE.thumb.jpeg.7cf896781b6521ce4748925714efe1ac.jpeg

three

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...