Why become a member? ×

So, just how many basses do you own ????

musicbassman

Just now, AndyTravis said:

How it was delivered.

Of course. We understood that much. 😃
...but it was kinda like an open goal, and the goalkeeper being on holiday in New Zealand. 🙂 I just had to do something.
No malice intended; just a bit of innocent fun.

best,
bert

• Haha 1

Just now, BassTractor said:

Of course. We understood that much. 😃
...but it was kinda like an open goal, and the goalkeeper being on holiday in New Zealand. 🙂 I just had to do something.
No malice intended; just a bit of innocent fun.

best,
bert

I’ve re read and actually understand the joke now 😉

I’m several fins to the wind, and still in shock at this thing being on the drive at 9.30 tonight 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

What Ric version is it. ? Not seen one like that before with single pick-up.

Jazz looks interesting too.

Dave

The Ric is a 1973 model 4000, Dave. I bought it about 30 years ago... they're rarely seen, compared to the popular 2 PUP models... the 4000 was the first Ric bass (1957?), although they were originally neck-through-body construction, mine is one of the later set-neck series.

Fred Turner played them on the 1970s BTO records!: https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/fred-turner-of-bachman-turner-overdrive-playing-news-photo/88368686

The J is nothing exciting mate. It's one of these: https://vintageguitarsus.com/bass-icon-details/#vj74mrbk

I don't like the fake relic treatment. I thought I could live with it, but nah... probably going to upgrade to a better Jazz. 👍

It shows what a true enthusiast you are Dave, to be interested in my small and modest rack of instruments.

I'm honored! 😮

ATB - Phil 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

The Ric is a 1973 model 4000, Dave. I bought it about 30 years ago... they're rarely seen, compared to the popular 2 PUP models... the 4000 was the first Ric bass (1957?), although they were originally neck-through-body construction, mine is one of the later set-neck series.

Fred Turner played them on the 1970s BTO records!: https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/fred-turner-of-bachman-turner-overdrive-playing-news-photo/88368686

The J is nothing exciting mate. It's one of these: https://vintageguitarsus.com/bass-icon-details/#vj74mrbk

I don't like the fake relic treatment. I thought I could live with it, but nah... probably going to upgrade to a better Jazz. 👍

It shows what a true enthusiast you are Dave, to be interested in my small and modest rack of instruments.

I'm honored! 😮

ATB - Phil 😀

Appreciate that Ricky but i just love looking at basses. If they play well even better. That Ric is really interesting tho and such a rare find. Def a keeper there i would think.

Not tried the Vintage basses but they get some seriously good reviews. The blue bass also looks interesting too xD

1 hour ago, musicbassman said:

Wow, that's what my darling wife said to me when we first met !

Bet you haven't shown her this comment or you'd be wearing a frying pan on your ear :laugh1:

Dave

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Er. One more than ten minutes ago...the total opposite of everything I like and want in a bass 👌🏻

1BA1C81A-5564-4C30-A7BF-C7D9825478CE.jpeg

I'll coem and take it away for a small fee if you really don't want it 🙂

BTW it's a Burns and it's giving me GAS!

Edited by Stub Mandrel

42 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Me too, love the look of that.

Moment of inspiration... I'm sitting here designing a scratchplate for an electric ukulele (sorry!) playing with bits of paper and wondering hoe to get a nice shape taht fits ona broken P-scratchplate.

The top horn just won't fit and look nice.

DOH! The solution was literally staring me in the face 🙂

image.thumb.png.1a7d76eecb3739072b48ab343d08e876.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I'll coem and take it away for a small fee if you really don't want it 🙂

BTW it's a Burns and it's giving me GAS!

I was going to say it looks like a Burns because if the pickguard shape?? 🤔 

2 minutes ago, bigsmokebass said:

9 basses....

1 Westfield P (my first bass)

1 Fender MIM P - customised

4 Yamaha BBs 

3 Yamaha Attitude basses 

Nice collection! But then I'm a biased Yammy BB lover!

In my incompetence I seem to have managed to get one more than you...😂

29 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Was it not the body width?

This is from digdeeper bass player online,

The YAMAHA BB series basses have held a unique slot in the bass world for their original take on the classic vibe that everyone seems to want. The BBs (BB stands for Broad Bass) supply the meaty punch players look for in a Fender, but with a slightly refined voice and more sophisticated construction elements.

5 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

Agreed it’s a car boot special with the world intonation I imagine!

I’m thinking I’ve got some short scale strings somewhere... will report back.

its missing 2 tuner ferrules and there’s a chip Missing off the pickguard. Weighs nothing. Needs a bit of TLC but might be useable for the 9 year old daughter who wants to mess about with bass.

says MIK so I’m not sure what the story is.

branded “magenta” - the same body shape with 2pu was branded zenta.

Edited by AndyTravis

Shuker Custom

Warwick Thumb

Maruszyck Jazzus

Fret King Perception

Lodestone Primal Artist

Ibanez SR400

BC Rich Mockingbird 3

Ibanez Acoustic

Ortega D- Walker

Today i played every single one of them !!!!!

The results :

The Shuker looks the nicest

The Warwick plays the nicest

The Lodestone sounds the nicest !

Edited by edstraker123
  • Like 2

Zenta Festival 60's short scale, according to Google images. Some of this design had Fender style headstock like yours Andy, other a 2+2 job. MIJ Matsumoku? Think we need some input from bassassin to confirm.

Image result for zenta bass guitar

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Nice collection! But then I'm a biased Yammy BB lover!

In my incompetence I seem to have managed to get one more than you...😂

I guess you wouldn't know what to do with a Ritter other than admire it for being white and having gold shiny bits 😂 

13 minutes ago, bigsmokebass said:

I guess you wouldn't know what to do with a Ritter other than admire it for being white and having gold shiny bits 😂 

Absolutely right. I would have no idea how to get a sound out of it I'm sure or even which way around to hold it. Definitely need to leave that sort of thing to the experts. 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 1

About time I added to this virtual wall of shame, or glory, depending on your (or your better half's) point of view.. 

So, my list is:

Hondo Ricky copy (1977)

Encore fretless P Bass (age unknown) 

Squier P Bass (Chinese build, age unknown) 

Gibson Thunderbird (2004)

BC Rich Eagle (1984)

Ander Van der End JB5 (approx. 2001/2)

Fender Roscoe Beck 5 (1998)

Theres also a short scale Encore P Bass in the loft that belongs to my son, so that doesn't really count here. 

But there are some instruments of a more 'Slytherin' nature too, namely a Washburn 6 string acoustic and a Faith Venus 6 string acoustic which do count when it comes to the ongoing domestic 'Space Wars' saga here at Silverfoxnik Towers. 

Last but not least, there are about 25 other basses that I own, but they're just kind of in my head, if you know what I mean.. 😉

IMG_20190407_185431.jpg

• Like 4