Why become a member? ×

So, just how many basses do you own ????

musicbassman

I have 5 main basses and 2 Ukulele basses. They are, (the number after them is how many gigs they have done this year plus their name)

1. Fender Jazz 75 AVRI (32) (Little M)

2. Fender Precision Mike Dirnt (10) (Nicole)

3. Fender Precision 70 FSR (5) (Lucy)

4. Fender Jazz 66 Reissue (1) (Lisa)

5. Music Man Stingray 2EQ (1) (Sinead)

6. Kala Rumbler U-bass (19) (Bella)

7. Kala Sub U-Bass (6) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

I have 5 main basses and 2 Ukulele basses. They are, (the number after them is how many gigs they have done this year plus their name)

1. Fender Jazz 75 AVRI (32) (Little M)

2. Fender Precision Mike Dirnt (10) (Nicole)

3. Fender Precision 70 FSR (5) (Lucy)

4. Fender Jazz 66 Reissue (1) (Lisa)

5. Music Man Stingray 2EQ (1) (Sinead)

6. Kala Rumbler U-bass (19) (Bella)

7. Kala Sub U-Bass (6) 

What's the Kala Sub done to you to not deserve a name? 😁 

1 minute ago, Maude said:

What's the Kala Sub done to you to not deserve a name? 😁 

😂😂 I've given it to my daughter so it's no longer mine. I guess I could take it off my list which would mean I have one less bass and an excuse to buy another 😁 I feel forced GAS coming on 😂😂

• Like 1

1. Fender Jazz

2. Fender Deluxe PJ

3. Warwick Thumb NT 89

4. Overwater Progress 6 fretless

5. Overwater J4 Contemporary (not a Tanglewood)

6. Jaydee Roadie fretless

7. Dingwal NG2

8. Peavey Cirius BXP

9. Yamaha BX1

10. Epi Thunderbird

Gonna sell some off soon tho along with various bass rigs to fund a Mesa Rig.

Dave

3 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

To have the mind-set, you need to collect them all Chris ...

Never intended to collect them all but once I realised  I'd 18 of the 24 different models it seemed daft to stop. Course I stuffed now,sell one and I may as well sell the lot. The drop from complete to nearly complete is a big step 😁

• Like 1

Double basses are now down from 4 to 3, having just sold my Martin. And then the aim is to get down to one as there is a massive clearout in the house in anticipation of a downsize. Still too many amps though, as nothing seems to be selling at the mo.

Lots over the years (never more than 4), but last year went down to 2.

That is now down to.....1. US Geddy Lee Jazz.

I honestly can't think of anything else I want, as this one has it all covered - which was always a spending habit process of elimination with previous instruments. If this one ever breaks. I'll take it as a sign to quit! 😁

I own 3 basses now, having sold one recently (fretless Jazz that I bought cos I thought I wanted one. I was wrong). The Aria and the Wal will never leave me. They're inextricably bound up in the way I play. The Cort is a really really good fretless bass, but if something more interesting came along, I might part with it. I can see me acquiring another fretted bass, just to even things up. Don't laugh, but I think if I do it will either be a Ricky or a T bird, just because I've always wanted them. Collector? Nope, they all have to earn their keep.

3 hours ago, bassace said:

Double basses are now down from 4 to 3, having just sold my Martin. And then the aim is to get down to one as there is a massive clearout in the house in anticipation of a downsize. Still too many amps though, as nothing seems to be selling at the mo.

I manage fine with one double bass, but it only has to do orchestral and chamber music... What amps do you have?

Edited by neilp

I’ve got 6... four electric, two acoustic but only 5 of them living with me. Here’s the rundown...

1981 Aria SB700 - my first ever bass. Lovely. Still gets used on regular occasions. 

1985 Wal Mk 1 Custom Series - bought in 1993. My main bass.

1992 Tony Revell Custom acoustic bass - Fully acoustic and now only for house use. Helped keep me sane through a long period of illness in the early 90s when I was practically housebound.

1979 Wal Pro Series IIE - Bought in 2001 because I really fancied having one. Was my no 2 gigging bass used with  my other Wal. Still gets used.

2006 ”Signature”/Buildabass Frankenjazz - bought off eBay when my Wal Pro IIE was getting a bit fragile and in need of TLC so was temporarily retired. Bought as a project bass and done up. Not had it with me since about 2012 when a producer chum borrowed it for some sessions as he loved the sound and feel of it. Wonder if I’ll ever actually get it back.

2014 Faith Titan Neptune acoustic bass - bought for doing plugged in “unplugged” gigs.

Only ever owned one more bass. A Squier Jazz bought in 1989 as a second gigging/backup bass. Frankenjazzed when I got my Wal, defretted and then sold to my bass teacher in 1998 when it became clear I was never going to be a fretless player and he was looking for one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chris_b said:

I'm sure there are. Take no notice of  me. As I said in my post, I just don't have the mind-set to be a collector.

Nor me. I must be weird ; I cheerfully liquidated a twelve string and an AE bass to afford the bits for my jazz build

On 03/08/2018 at 14:53, kodiakblair said:

Got 54 Peavey basses,at least one of every model but not every variation within each series. That's definitely classed as a collection and it's fairly well known among Peavey people. Because of that I get messages from folks all over looking for info or advice,sometimes I put buyers/sellers in touch.

Kudos :) 

In a separate thread you should document them somehow - they are a brand who were mostly considered rubbish when I started playing - a brief ownership of a T40 changed that opinion but the different models down the years and the relative merits is a bit hard to work out. Mind you if you did do that then if might increase the interest and make it harder to add more to the collection! 

• Like 1

4 at mo

‘91 Warwick streamer with ACG preamp - main bass for years

‘83 -G&L L1000 - bought as it was on my like-to-own list, was supposed to be an itch to scratch but became my new number 1

‘85 warwick thumb - bought for me by my wife, amazing but we’re not really getting on (the bass, still like the wife) 

‘17 DIY stingray shaped build, double pickup, own designed switching etc- sounds better than it should, fun to play- sounds amazing through my Zoom B3n for some strange reason

ive probably got at least one more bass than I need, and luckily don’t really have much left on the GAS list at all. Fender Roscoe beck or maybe a Valenti/Sadowsky/fodera super jazz are about the only things left- so that’s quite nice - and even then I don’t think I would bother shell out...  

... hang on contented chat like that will get me banned on here won’t it?