Why become a member? ×

So, just how many basses do you own ????

musicbassman

21 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

is your toilet bass a short scale or do you have quite a big WC ? I could just about manage a mandolin in the down stairs one

Oh my friend, it's a Steinberger Spirit 5 string and its in white obviously, goes with the porcelain. 😎

2 minutes ago, Akio Dāku said:

Oh my friend, it's a Steinberger Spirit 5 string and its in white obviously, goes with the porcelain. 😎

of course, and no headstock means you can swing about without hitting the walls. Beats Jimmy Hendrix and his playing in the bathroom while cleaning his teeth

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

of course, and no headstock means you can swing about without hitting the walls. Beats Jimmy Hendrix and his playing in the bathroom while cleaning his teeth

👍👍 😂 One has been known to play bass until my legs go numb. 😅

4 hours ago, musicbassman said:

I met up with chimike yesterday - he's local to me. What a lovely guy.

Anyway, he admitted that he owns 40 basses.......

I own one !

Can any BCers top 40

Chimike is a collector, well that's his excuse...........What's yours?

One BC member I have met assures me that he owns 37 Precision basses

2 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

Got 54 Peavey basses,at least one of every model but not every variation within each series. That's definitely classed as a collection and it's fairly well known among Peavey people. Because of that I get messages from folks all over looking for info or advice,sometimes I put buyers/sellers in touch.

54!  Jeez, that's a roomful. Think we have a winner here, but not sure what the prize is - a larger house maybe..

Are they kept cased or do you have them all tastefully arranged on display ?  Got pictures?

2 minutes ago, musicbassman said:

54!  Jeez, that's a roomful. Think we have a winner here, but not sure what the prize is - a larger house maybe..

Are they kept cased or do you have them all tastefully arranged on display ?  Got pictures?

Prize is a bass😀

Ummmm, 10 right now - I have three 'main' basses I play all the time, an acoustic bass, and half a dozen I've bought in fits of GAS, or for projects that haven't worked out, and that I really must get round to selling...

29 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Well, it’s divisible by 5 😀

105? 😂

Btw we're just talking about basses here right, not normal six string guitars? (Although TBF I did include these in my 'one in one out' equation earlier this year, as I felt it gave me a justifiable "loophole" e.g. Crafter acoustic out, Yamaha BBNE2 in - or at least that's how I justified it to the missus!) 😂

Weeelll.....up until recently I owned 3 - 2 Jazzes and a P bass. 

But recently my finances improved and I decided to buy back all the basses I regretted selling over the last 5 or 6 years.

I've ended up with 3 Jazzes, 2 precisions,  a Stingray and a double bass.

And a Partridge in a Pear Tree :)

P.S. I might be interested in a G&L tribute L2500, if anybody has one going cheap?

Lots of previous replies here - unfortunately the actual poll didn't survive the Forum move:

I currently have 7 that are out in easy arm's reach: GMR 5 (my main squeeze), GMR single-cut 5, GMR fretless 4, Jazz Aerodyne, Warwick Thumb 6; Michael Kelly acoustic 5 and acoustic fretless 5. I do play them all at least now and then depending on what mood I'm in and what music I'm playing. Then there's one at work (cheap Encore P), one in Nashville (1966 EB2), and one which I should really get around to trying to sell (1992 Jazz + V). That's 10 if you count them all. I did sell my first acoustic before buying the Thumb, but that was co-incidence, not a one-in-one-out rule.