Why become a member? ×

So, just how many basses do you own ????

musicbassman

On 04/04/2020 at 15:36, Stingray5 said:

49562332753_724885a56d_o.jpg

L to R: Music Man Stingray 5 (1989) - Music Man Stingray fretless (2001) - Fender Jazz (USA Standard) (1998) - Tokai JazzSound fretless (198?).

49562831956_d4cd16ea0d_o.jpg

L to R: Westone Thunder II fretless (1981/82) - Westone Thunder II (1981/82) - Tune SWB4-BB (200?)* - Tune TWB-6 (1991)
*(Note - photo of the Tune SWB4-BB is not to the same scale as the other photos. Body size is similar to the TWB-6)

The Westone basses are lovely looking instruments.

They look like this wonderful combination of Alembic, BC Rich and Aria Pro II.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bassaussie said:

The Westone basses are lovely looking instruments.

They look like this wonderful combination of Alembic, BC Rich and Aria Pro II.

Yes, I've often thought the same re the slight Alembic look with the Westones. Think it's the short horn that does it. Very versatile instruments, too. But you're more on the money with the Aria comparison as they came out of the same Japanese factory, Matsumoku, so have the same hardware, etc.

10 hours ago, LewisK1975 said:

Awesome that you still have it Ed, of all the drives I've done to do Bass deals, coming to meet you in Salisbury was one of the nicest ones!

Cheers dude, just a shame we didn't have more time to chat. It's a hell of a bass! 👍👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Maude said:

Every time I buy a new bass I promise myself I'll sell a couple of the cheaper ones to cover it. 

I'm rubbish at keeping promises. 

Thats weird because thats exactly what I said to my wife yesterday as I pressed the buy now button on a Yamaha BB734!

Promises, promises....

• Haha 4

Every one of my basses has a bit of something that makes me want to keep them. There are ones that I will never play live and still they stay. Some it's because of their price, some because of memories.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ubit said:

Every one of my basses has a bit of something that makes me want to keep them. There are ones that I will never play live and still they stay. Some it's because of their price, some because of memories.

I totally agree. I've actually been threatening to sell my Jazz bass for ages now (and still might) but everytime I play it, it just tugs at my heartstrings -- all four of 'em! -- and says, "Oi, NO!" :D

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Stingray5 said:

I totally agree. I've actually been threatening to sell my Jazz bass for ages now (and still might) but everytime I play it, it just tugs at my heartstrings -- all four of 'em! -- and says, "Oi, NO!" :D

This is where I'm at as well. I keep thinking of selling some but in all honesty I try to buy at the right price so I won't really lose any money when the time comes to sell, and I don't need the money at the moment so why sell? If in the future I need some cash I can sell some basses. Money in the bank has little interest to me but basses are nice. I take some money out of the bank of Lloyd's and put it into the bank of bass, when I sell I'll put it back into bank of Lloyd's. A money collection is dull but a bass collection is great. 

Edited by Maude
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, ubit said:

That’s exactly the same as me, I’ve got 14 but 2 are going , and a few are not particularly expensive  but I still like them, I’ve photographed my P a few times to sell , but then when I play it I remember why I bought it .

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

Thats weird because thats exactly what I said to my wife yesterday as I pressed the buy now button on a Yamaha BB734!

Promises, promises....

Now there was me thinking your 434 had got your BB itch totally scratched! No doubt we'll be getting an update and some pics on the Yammy thread in due course (assuming the missus hasn't booted you out before then...😁)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CamdenRob said:

Yeah thanks for that... got lockdown GAS for a matched Fender P & J pair now... 😡

Yeah, I have lots of good basses but always my go to basses are the American P and J. They just do what they say on the tin!

• Like 1

On 08/04/2020 at 23:59, libanass said:

I keep getting notified over this post, so here's my current collection spending the lockdown with me

IMG-4973.jpg

I really like the White MM Jazz style one!! I’ve never seen one like that did you make it?.......😀