Why become a member? ×

So, just how many basses do you own ????

musicbassman

On 29/08/2019 at 14:47, Al Krow said:

Half of 18 = NINE

Ok we seem to be collectively arriving at a magic number for the number of basses we can "get away" with.

After some deep analysis as to why this is the magic 'allowed' number of basses, I've concluded that it's not...double figures. There you go! 😂

Dang now up to 10...that was careless. One of them is going to have be shown the door!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, walshy said:

The ‘66 off here. Did the deal today. Sold the Pino a few days ago so kinda justifies it 😂

CE18584E-DCA1-4231-99A2-4F65573DDBC8.jpeg

Looks rubbish that mate. Really awful. I think you need to send it here so I can fix it... some stickers, a bit of glitter...maybe carbon wrap the neck and hydro dip the Pickguard with some camo.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Looks rubbish that mate. Really awful. I think you need to send it here so I can fix it... some stickers, a bit of glitter...maybe carbon wrap the neck and hydro dip the Pickguard with some camo.

Ooohhhh camo pickguard 😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Those are the two sires I’d buy too...and that precision is lovely 

Cheers, the precision was a lucky find. I saw the same limited model a year or two back and it just looked brilliant, but was way out of my price range. Luckily I found one barely used for a great price and love it.

I really love the sires. They sit so well in the mix and the preamp are stunning. Such a variety of sounds available they're great for any type of band.

Took me a little while to get used to the way the neck narrows towards the top, but the clarity up there is great.

• Thanks 1

3 now:

A squier bronco which was my first bass, a gift 17 years ago. It's in a case in the wardrobe, only play it for nostalgia now.

Warwick thumb, absolutely love it, I've been a fender style bass player since I started, but I wish I'd tried a Warwick back then, it would've been a whole different story.

And finally a 70's fsr precision bass, because everyone needs a precision. Doesn't get as much use as the thumb, but it looks and plays nicely. 

IMG_20200401_204416571.jpg

Edited by WarPig
  • Like 2

mine is 7 now, I had purges in 2009 and 2015 

1)  79 Alembic Series 1

2)  78 Musician Stingray

3)  93 Pedulla Pentabuzz

4) 09 Shuker Headless 6

5) 00 Spector NS5CR

6) 98 Status Series 1 5-string

7)  16 Self built headless semi hollow 5 string 

9 hours ago, Kiwi said:

mine is 7 now, I had purges in 2009 and 2015 

1)  79 Alembic Series 1

2)  78 Musician Stingray

3)  93 Pedulla Pentabuzz

4) 09 Shuker Headless 6

5) 00 Spector NS5CR

6) 98 Status Series 1 5-string

7)  16 Self built headless semi hollow 5 string 

I see that you are really slumming it with that down-at-heel collection! 😁

• Haha 1

Been 'stuck' at 6 since 2016. Two Vigiers, two Sadowskys, s9 era (so anytime from late 1978 to 1980) Fender Precision and 1974 Gibson EB3. 

I feel that I 'need' a six string and I am torn between a Spector or a Warwick Thumb, with a ACG Recurve being an outside bet. Not buying for the foreseeable though between pandemics, babies, mortgages and cars though. 

In terms of lack of use, the EB3 should really go, but I am awaiting the exact moment in time that some new age hipster starts using them causing the value of my bass to skyrocket before I sell. 

As I’m currently working on a different style of music I’m thinking a - hold on to your seats peoples - 5 string may be beneficial. There’s a lot more riffage in the material so I’m debating on this big time, plus the ideal bass, a fiver of my current 4 string Jazz is on here at present. 

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I see that you are really slumming it with that down-at-heel collection! 😁

Heh, I could actually sell the whole lot off and whittle it down to two...maybe three but those basses would be unicorns.  And I would probably end up building more to plug any gaps, as well.

Some outrageous totals on here! I'm down to four:

2004 Musicman Stingray - my first "proper" bass and the one that'll never leave me! 

2004ish Sandberg Cali JM4 - traded on here for my backup 'ray about 11 years ago.

1997 Squier Affinity P-Special - my first ever bass, so it's around for sentimental reasons. 

"Extreme" Jazz Bass copy - a nice functional cheapie that I won in a charity raffle on this very forum a long time ago. Currently strung with flats. 

Depending on how the financial situation plays out this year the Sandberg might end up going, but the Stingray is staying for life, and the other two aren't really worth parting with, so they get played around the house. 

Just sold a guitar this week too, so my skinny-string total is down to three - my USA Tele, an Ibanez acoustic, and the Epiphone Les Paul Special that is the first instrument I ever owned. Think that's about as minimal as I can get it!

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

As I’m currently working on a different style of music I’m thinking a - hold on to your seats peoples - 5 string may be beneficial. There’s a lot more riffage in the material so I’m debating on this big time, plus the ideal bass, a fiver of my current 4 string Jazz is on here at present. 

Lozz playing a 5 string?!! Blimey you'll be getting @bassfan to pick up one of these devil's instruments next!

Mind you, you've finally got me round to getting a variation of your beloved Paradriver (only took 3 years to get there) and I've started playing P basses (well PJ to be more accurate); so let's face it - this lockdown madness is getting to us all 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

As I’m currently working on a different style of music I’m thinking a - hold on to your seats peoples - 5 string may be beneficial.

Nice one.

Always use the tools that enable you do the best job.