Why become a member? ×

So, just how many basses do you own ????

musicbassman

Fender Precision '81 Cherry Sunburst

Hohner B2A ('86)

Fender Musicmaster '71 (refinished lilac)

Fender Musicmaster '72 (daphne blue)

Danelectro Longhorn '90s blueburst

Bitzer fretless Precision Sunburst, ebony unnlined fretless

Fender Highway One Jazz 2003 red with J-Retro & Kent Armstrong Jazz lipsticks

Squier Jaguar SS Candy Apple Red with EMG-X PJs

Kala U-bass SMHG-FS

NS-Design CR5M (2007)

Daisy Rock Stardust Elite Magenta Burst on Pearloid

Another Daisy Rock as above

Fender CIJ Mustang Olympic White with aged pearl PG 2007

Fender JMJ Mustang 2018 Daphne Blue

Epiphone Thunderbird Pro-V  Natural Oil finish

Epiphone Vintage pro Thunderbird sunburst with cool Gotoh Res-O-Lite GB-640 tuners

another Epiphone Vintage pro Thunderbird sunburst (an ebay accident!)

Tanglewood Rosewood Reserve Acoustic (currently for sale at the Gallery)

- unless I've forgotten any that makes the current total 18 - but at least half are stored out of sight from the missus.

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Given that I currently also have 9 (excluding a Stagg 3/4 EUB) I can just mention that "Frank says it's fairly modest to have 9..." should Mrs Krow ever question the need for more than (say) one... 😂

Yeh, I tried that back when I was calling my collection 9 (excluding the ones I didn't count). It doesn't work, turns out she can count :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

- unless I've forgotten any that makes the current total 18 - but at least half are stored out of sight from the missus.

Half of 18 = NINE

Ok we seem to be collectively arriving at a magic number for the number of basses we can "get away" with.

After some deep analysis as to why this is the magic 'allowed' number of basses, I've concluded that it's not...double figures. There you go! 😂

I'm also at four.

One real Ric and three Fender copies.

I'm not counting the acoustic bass that I don't like.

All I probably really want/need is two basses.

Those would be P bodies with J necks. One strung with flats, one with rounds.

I actually don't have any of those at the moment.

I hope my low numbers help to lower the average for our group as a whole. That's the kind of guy I am. 👍

Shuker Horn x 2
Shukerbird
Dingwall ABZ
Yamaha BB414
Michael Kelly Acoustic
Aria ZZB project
HB PB50 project
Bitsa PB project

Which equals...nine...

This means something, I tells ya... 🙂

Although I have a new Shuker incoming in the next coupla months which will ruin the theory, but do I care? 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

I have three and was thinking of selling one.

Clearly I should just be buying six instead.

You're catching on pretty quickly matey! Gold star (and six basses) for you :drinks:

Now if you were to get another SIX basses ... what would they be? 

58 minutes ago, Muzz said:

Which equals...nine...

This means something, I tells ya... 🙂

Although I have a new Shuker incoming in the next coupla months which will ruin the theory, but do I care? 😀

Nope it means you have nine and a spare Shuker.

Like I have nine and a Stagg EUB.

1 hour ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Ha! I've just had a look around the room and the ones that are visible do indeed make a total of nine.

If I look around the living room it is loads better. Just 4 basses, 2 guitars, 1 Chapman stick, 1 Yamaha reface (so small it doesn't count), one Roli keyboard (but its just a keyboard, so that doesn't count). Barely anything. Oh and a Yamaha TRH10 amp. 

Up to 4 now, the most ever in 47+ years of playing. 2 fretless fours, one fretted five, and an EUB.  I really only have the time to keep up on two regularly, but two BGs and one upright would be my ideal if I could make room for an acoustic upright. I despise selling stuff so I'll probably just stick with things as they are in any case.

4 which stay. And a fifth space which is seemingly occupied by whatever flavour of the month...(there are sometimes up to 7, I have been up to about 30 at one point but then kids, marriage etc)

I used to have 4 wall hangers which kept me limited, now I have a lovely rack stand case thing which can hold up to 7...so we’ll see.

this arrives tomorrow...FC2F2783-61DC-4B6F-99A6-B15B6636DF22.thumb.jpeg.b22a0574323eb7e073599bf310fadbd7.jpeg

• Like 1

Sold a few over past year or two including Dingwall NG2 5 er, Jaydee fretless, Peavey Cirus 5er and an Epi T bird.

Bought a Sandberg VM4 and only today agreed to buy a Precison AVRI58 from one of our very own BC'ers. 

My others still remaining are :-

Overwater Progress 6 string custom fretless

Overwater J4

Warwick Thumb NT 89

Fender Jazz (Geddy Lee CIJ)

Fender Precison Deluxe (MIM)

Yamaha BX1 (defretted)

In Total down to 8 now. Think that might be me complete. Well maybe a nice Rik to complete the triple of J, P and a Rik would be a nice collection. Will wait and see how i get on for Xmas. :D

Edited by dmccombe7

2 hours ago, Clarky said:

Fretless custom ACG, ACG Recurve, Fender 62RI Jazz, Gretsch Broadkaster, Cliff Bordwell Ball, Takamine TB10, 3/4 German double bass = 7 (two of which are for sale)

Apologies to the 9 brigade

Apology accepted (although I strictly have 10, so dunno why I've jumped on the nine bandwagon?! 😂).

Actually you're technically 'nearly nine'. That works. 

And dave is actually even more nearly nine (especially after Christmas!)

From the nine brigade...

Image result for nine bass guitars

19 hours ago, onehandclapping said:

58p sold.62 white slab jazz,63 Fiesta,64 sburst,65 car sold,Rickenbacker 4001s,1964,Dale Fortune

I would happily look at any number of pictures of your basses, particularly your fiesta red 63. Sublime. If you ever wish to reduce numbers further, I'd be pleased to cover the postage............

So, here we go for one more. I needed a backup bass as it seems quite likely that I'll be on tour next year I'd been casting my eye around for a backup which could also double as my active studio bass.

Anyway, I got a backup (No 10) and it kills. Kind of like a Stingray on steroids and it only cost £240!

1. Fenix by Young Chang (short scale)

2. Alembic Stanley Clarke Signature Standard

3. Status Graphite John Entwistle Buzzard

4. Warmoth 8 string Explorer

5. Hamer Chapparal 12 string

6. Eko Florence acoustic

7. Wal Mark 2

8. Fender Classic 50s Precision

9. Rickenbacker 4003

10. Schecter Raiden - Custom

IMAG0662.jpg

• Like 2

@Wolverinebass - some lovely gear you have there (as I know having had the privilege of playing several of them albeit briefly).

Loved your fBook comment btw, when you mentioned you'd recently started doing your music full time, that "we're a long time dead". Too true & massive amount of wisdom in that short phrase.

The tour sounds great. Fingers crossed for you.