Why become a member? ×

So, just how many basses do you own ????

musicbassman

22 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

One for @cetera

Pantera's Rex Brown to Sell Basses, Guitars & More Used Throughout His Career on Reverb
https://reverb.com/news/official-rex-brown-of-pantera-reverb-shop-preview?utm_source=ios-app&utm_medium=share

F543F63C-BA0C-4C72-972E-7EFF7C69854E.jpeg

Meh, overpriced nonsense and lies. I know other people with the RXT bass. The prices on the other basses are dreamland too...

Not for me, but thanks anyway!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cetera said:

Meh, overpriced nonsense and lies. I know other people with the RXT bass. The prices on the other basses are dreamland too...

Not for me, but thanks anyway!

Didn’t realise there were more - I’ve seen pictures of it before, but assumed it was just this one.

2 hours ago, cetera said:

Meh, overpriced nonsense and lies. I know other people with the RXT bass.

It seems to have a different bridge from his signature model, for a start. It may well be the prototype and different in details.

image.png.0130459a73a1fde52b69c9cefcbd2d1a.png

Edited by Stub Mandrel

my go to bass is a Sandberg California TT custom , I’ve also got , 8 jazzes, 2 p basses, a Washburn force 4 , Yamaha 415, and a semi acoustic bass, there’s probably  1 jazz I would sell ,     but I’ve got a really bad urge at the moment for a shell pink Limelight jazz 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Telebass said:

Now back to just one, my trusty bitsa Precision, which started life as a 2003 MIM. Only bits left original are the body, bridge and knobs. About to get a Kiogon transplant.

That's all, folks!

You can’t go wrong with a kiogon transplant, I’ve got a few myself, just amazing 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

but I’ve got a really bad urge at the moment for a shell pink Limelight jazz 🙂

Specially for you reggae.. it’s not strictly speaking a limelight or a jazz but it’s shell pink 😂

660C15E5-A1F2-494C-9F76-090154EE33FC.jpeg

• Like 1

One year on from my first post in this thread and I've gone from three up to six. In that time I've also sold two and got one more for sale. If that sells it'll fund a Jazz that I've got one eye on in the classifieds.

I don't want to gig and I don't in all honesty want to play every day. They are nice things to own though and, as has already been stated earlier in the thread, are quite benign in the great scheme of collecting things. They hold their value and, if you choose wisely, don't depreciate (but I'm not doing very well in respect of the one I'm selling now).

They'll all go up for sale eventually, when I need the money for something else!

Edited by Shambo

1 hour ago, Shambo said:

One year on from my first post in this thread and I've gone from three up to six. In that time I've also sold two and got one more for sale. If that sells it'll fund a Jazz that I've got one eye on in the classifieds.

Careful now, look how it can end up! This isn't everything...

IMG_20190803_100540.thumb.jpg.94241e1639a12f6b051b66f1e7277a2c.jpg

• Like 5

On 01/08/2019 at 12:51, Mickeyboro said:

Fortunately for my bank account I have no idea who Rex Brown is!😇

He used to be known as Rex Rocker, and was in a band who released 3 great albums, before selling out and changing their style completely to fit in with the prevailing popular rock/metal genre.

One of the few bands whose attempt at jumping on the band wagon worked for them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BreadBin said:

A lovely collection :D And having visited BreadBin and played most (or all of these...) I have to say the man has impecable taste in basses. The jazz second in from the right at the top is, in particular, a thing of beauty and plays and sounds so good.

For me... I'm down to one - a Warwick Rockbass 4 LX in metallic blue that I picked up for a very reasonable price recently. Everything else apart from my TE Elf + 2 Ampeg 2x10 cabs has been sold. I would probably like to add the Rockbass's fretless brother (sister? sibling...) at some point, but hard to justify at the moment as I only play at home and haven't played anywhere else in rather a long time. My musical attention is mostly on computer-based music these days, even the bass is virtual...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, anzoid said:

The jazz second in from the right at the top is, in particular, a thing of beauty and plays and sounds so good.

I rather like the one next to that one, with the piece of paper under the strings, are they tapes on that one 🙂

3 hours ago, BreadBin said:

Would it be out of order to ask you to list what these all are? I can identify most, but there's a few interesting ones can't quite pick.

One I'm really interested in is the single cut leaning against the way, behind the black Fender. Is that an old Kay? What do you think of it?