Why become a member? ×

A boring P build.. or is it?

Bridgehouse

1 minute ago, rubis said:

The black one sort of reminds me of that roasted ash p bass that Fender did recently, and I quite liked it, what about a single ply, matt bakelite looking plate?

As a cheap build I tried the two spare p guards I had - They are cheap as they are free ;)

Agree tho - a single ply black would look good

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get time to finish this tonight!

Stuck a Dimarzio P in I had in the spares drawer, along with a bunch of spare electronics - fitted, soldered up and so on.

Assembled and strung with some TI Flats - it’s now sounding like a proper chunky thumpy P bass. Very nice.

I added the costs up. Given I had a lot of bits lying around this actually only cost about £120 - but I reckon even if you had to buy all the bits it would be around £300 all up, which is really rather splendid!

FtHRIJl.jpg

• Like 8

That looks great!! 

I'm thinking if using that colour Danish oil on a warwick corvette style kit build that I'm hopefully gonna do but the body is Alder so I wonder how different the colour will come out? Was 0.5l enough for all the coats you did? 😀

Edited by Jimothey

1 hour ago, Jimothey said:

That looks great!! 

I'm thinking if using that colour Danish oil on a warwick corvette style kit build that I'm hopefully gonna do but the body is Alder so I wonder how different the colour will come out? Was 0.5l enough for all the coats you did? 😀

Alder would come out slightly darker. Not much tho. And I’d say 0.5 l would do about 5 basses...

• Thanks 1