Why become a member? ×

A boring P build.. or is it?

Bridgehouse

2 hours ago, naxos10 said:

Starting to look very nice

Thanks - the dark mahogany oil is a bit of an experiment, but it seems to be doing a good job. This one was always going to be a bit of a thrown together job, and to an extent "acceptable" will do. It'll be a backup gigging machine and that's about it. Probably depends on what pickup I can find for it - if I find a nice vintage one then it might get some recording use too

9 minutes ago, naxos10 said:

Sounds good although I did wonder if this is the one you are building for the wife:D

Haha! No, she doesn't want a natural finish on hers.. 

This one is purely for backup purposes, er, or something like that (depends on who is asking).

She did say that she likes me making partscasters as it keeps me happy and gets me from "being under her feet too much"

Which is a blatant pass to spend money to keep her happy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bridgehouse said:

This one was always going to be a bit of a thrown together job, and to an extent "acceptable" will do. It'll be a backup gigging machine and that's about it. Probably depends on what pickup I can find for it - if I find a nice vintage one then it might get some recording use too

That was how I looked at my kit.

I wasn't expecting too much but what I got was a lot better than I deserved.  It was also a good indication of how I'd get on with the physical shape of the model it was paying tribute to.  I got on so well that I bought the genuine bass soon after and decided that the Pitbull would be a worthy test bed for when I want to play with alternative electronics because the HBs are splitable.

I have had the Pitbull out at Open Mic and it was fine.  It's nice to have an inexpensive backup.

It made me smile to hear that you now have a two bassist household.  Gawd help your neighbours when you're both practising, one at either end of the house!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

That was how I looked at my kit.

I wasn't expecting too much but what I got was a lot better than I deserved.  It was also a good indication of how I'd get on with the physical shape of the model it was paying tribute to.  I got on so well that I bought the genuine bass soon after and decided that the Pitbull would be a worthy test bed for when I want to play with alternative electronics because the HBs are splitable.

I have had the Pitbull out at Open Mic and it was fine.  It's nice to have an inexpensive backup.

It made me smile to hear that you now have a two bassist household.  Gawd help your neighbours when you're both practising, one at either end of the house!

You should hear her on drums ;)