Why become a member? ×

Geddy's Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass

spongebob

Mine came today - just scanned it. Beautiful book... Some of the Jazzes are really obscene and the Ricks... Gibson T-birds caught my eye too. I like his interview style too - bit of a fanboy for the whole bassist schtick. I'll file this with my Steve Howe guitar book which is very much in the same vein. Pretty much all of Geddy's key basses are here too but accompanied by scores of new acquisitions.

PS He got an awful tone on record with his flappy Wal. Just saying... *shudders*

6 hours ago, ubit said:

I have an American Jazz, a Japanese Geddy and an Aerodyne and I can confirm these so all sound different. Love them all 

Sure but my point was that like for like instruments sound a bit different even with cnc, why on earth would any one judge “typical for year” with a hand made one ?

3 minutes ago, kevin_lindsay said:

I've got the same notification. 

I've ready got a copy from the initial run, it's a gorgeous book (and very big!!). It's well worth the wait. I ordered another copy in case I need a last minute bass related present for someone!! 

And i'm still waiting on you posting it to me Kevin. :laugh1:

Dave

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mickeyboro said:

Mine’s here! Ordered 25 Dec at £22.18, Amazon have kindly refunded a dead fish(sick squid). 

Result...

Ooh, now that's interesting. I ordered mine the same day, at the same price, and wondered whether I might be due a refund when the order was finally fulfilled. TBH, my understanding was that the "price difference" policy only applied on pre-orders, which I don't think this was technically, but we'll see. 🤞

Now back up to £22. There's bad review of it as well:

'I purchased this so called ‘Big Beautiful Book Of Bass’ hoping to find some great fishing tips and tricks but it doesn’t even contain Bass recipes or even a single photograph of a fish, let alone any hints on how to catch the slippery little blighters.
I think the guy who wrote this book (Jeddy?) was hoping to net himself some really stupid fishermen and it worked.' 

• Haha 6

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:37, visog said:

Or you get in 'The Works' for £8.99 a couple of months after the publication date...

5 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I'll grab a copy when it's in The Works 😉

Read the thread before posting...