Why become a member? ×

Geddy's Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass

spongebob

A mate of mine ordered it in early December (he reckons this was the first batch?), and then ordered a second copy last month when it was slightly cheaper. His earlier / slightly more expensive order was delivered today, and he's well impressed. Hurry up Amazon, dammit!!! 😖

Edit: just checked my emails, and it's been dispatched, arriving tomorrow!!! 😂

Edited by tony_m

Mine arrived yesterday! Beautiful book...... and one that's gonna take me a LONG time to get through, carefully turning the pages and reading every description and interview as well as taking in every picture....

Best get a few nice bottles of red wine ready to keep me hydrated 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

And we're halfway through February already and still no sign of Geddy's BBBB  in stock at any of the Amazon branches. In the meanwhile I cancelled my order from Amazon.de and got to Amazon.Uk (because the hardcover was a lot cheaper :£15). But again, delivery guesstimates still vary from one to three months.

Does anybody have a clue what's wrong with the copies destined for Amazon customers? I placed my initial order early in December, but obviously the publisher is not very concerned with Amazon...(or with us, for that matter 😢)

15 hours ago, tony_m said:

A mate of mine ordered it in early December (he reckons this was the first batch?), and then ordered a second copy last month when it was slightly cheaper. His earlier / slightly more expensive order was delivered today, and he's well impressed. Hurry up Amazon, dammit!!! 😖

Edit: just checked my emails, and it's been dispatched, arriving tomorrow!!! 😂

When did you order it?

I ordered mine December 30th, no sign of dispatch yet.

On 21/01/2019 at 15:07, Geek99 said:

But different instruments from the same year of exactly the same model made in the same factory on the same line by the same crew of people under the same environmental conditions sound different anyway. Even these days with CNC you need to try a few to find the best one 

Does he not have enough to fill his days ? 

Exactly.

I have 6 Jazzes (6!!!! how did that happen?) and they all sound different.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gjones said:

Exactly.

I have 6 Jazzes (6!!!! how did that happen?) and they all sound different.

I have an American Jazz, a Japanese Geddy and an Aerodyne and I can confirm these so all sound different. Love them all 

1 hour ago, PJ-Bassist said:

When did you order it?

I ordered mine December 30th, no sign of dispatch yet.

Ordered it on Christmas Day (as you do, it's not like there's anything else going on... 😉). I've had a couple of "holding" emails since then, including one the day before it was dispatched - guess Amazon's crystal ball must have let them down!