Why become a member? ×

Geddy's Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass

spongebob

16 hours ago, kevin_lindsay said:

Price on amazon has just dropped to £15.02!!!!

Based on this thread, I went and had a look at the local Belgian/Dutch retailers. Found EUR 50 to be too much, so I went to Amazon UK, and with delivery and conversion rate included, this £15.02 will amount to about EUR 25. For a book of this size, I can live with that price so I ordered it. Curious to see if it will ever arrive :)

Did I need it? Nah. Do I want it? Sure! :)

• Like 1

On 22/01/2019 at 17:05, spongebob said:

Back up to £21.50 now.

Couple of weeks back, it went down further to just over £16. I cancelled my £18 order, and re-pre-ordered at the even lower price!

Agreed, I'm a right old tight wad to save a couple of quid! 🤑

Amazon would have refunded the difference if you'd kept your £18 order.

• Like 1

Price is up and down like someones drawers but Amazon will only give you the lower price on day it dispatches but they won't go higher than your order price.

Mines is due in at latest tomorrow 26th Jan but still not here and no emails to say its delayed.........YET. !!!!

Dave

The delays in the delivery from Amazon are nothing to do with them - they need to wait until the second printing has been completed. 

For those of us who ordered from the original print run, you'll know how often the anticipated delivery date changed. Almost every week there was a new "expected delivery date". 

Received from Amazon a few moments ago ...

" Lee, Geddy "Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass"
    Estimated arrival date: February 22 2019 - March 25 2019
"

I think I'll just cancel it and buy a few 'plane parts with the money instead. :|

... and done. I'm not a Rush fan, anyway. ;)

Edited by Dad3353

I got roughly the same email this morning. 

Hello,

We're writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

Lee, Geddy "Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass"
Estimated arrival date: February 23-2019 - March 23-2019

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

56 minutes ago, ubit said:

I'm curious as to how you all managed to procure copies so cheaply. I've just looked on Amazon and it's going for £110 or £20 for a Kindle version!

Hold off a few days and it'll be back down again. Seems to be changing every other day.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kevin_lindsay said:

I bought it at £18, and re-ordered another copy when it was advertised at £15 (just on case I need a quick gift for someone). 

I'm happy to wait until the new print run is available. It's a fantastic bass book. 

I'm not far from you Kevin. I'll cancel mine and you can give me the 2nd book for my birthday. I wouldn't be offended in any way whatsoever. :laugh1:

• Haha 3