Why become a member? ×

Geddy's Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass

spongebob

Alex does a typical Witty Forward,  It’s a mixture of facts and stories and guest stories. 

Lots and lots of Fender at the start and then Ric, Gibson and the rest, all with amazing pictures.

Lovely book, Will take me a while read it. It’s a lot better than I imagined it would be back in February.

6 hours ago, visog said:

Quite a bit of promo happening now... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIMmdOZlmrU

Seems such a cool, nice guy! He's earned it!

That's a great interview, thanks for posting.

Rush have been probably my biggest musical inspiration right back to the 70's and although i was heavily influenced by Neil in my days behind the kit, they may well be one of the few bands in my musical history that i have had an equal admiration for all the members involved, not only as musicians and songwriters but as people with a passion for what i love......And i still haven't ordered the book!

Fair play Ged.

Edited by John T

two very minor annoyances before I can get my hands on my copy

First, I'd pre-ordered with a debit card that has now been cancelled by my bank (long story) so the initial payment fell over and I've only just got round to updating the payment info.  Which means that, second, it is due to be delivered tomorrow, but unless they can catch me before 9.15 (and they won't, Amazon never deliver anything before mid-afternoon at the very earliest) I'll be away playing a couple of gigs and won't be home until Sunday.  Here's hoping that they can find a neighbour who is at home, rather than taking it back to the depot or leaving it on the doorstep.

On the plus side, I did pre-order when the listing went up so it's only cost me £18.59

12 minutes ago, cetera said:

The book is only £18.19 NOW on Amazon. Out of stock but delivered within a month...

Thanks - have just flown through my amazon account and ordered it. Don't mind it taking a month - I'm off work for 3 1/2wks from tomorrow anyway!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cetera said:

The book is only £18.19 NOW on Amazon. Out of stock but delivered within a month...

Cheers Cetera just ordered at £18.19.

Isn't Basschat wonderful. You've just saved me £22.

Dave 

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

I know what cetera really needs is a whip round for a new bass - he's not got quite enough to choose from...

Well spotted! ;)
All any any contributions gratefully accepted.... I've got a Dingwall D-Bird incoming in the new year that I need to pay for! 😂😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cetera said:

Well spotted! ;)
All any any contributions gratefully accepted.... I've got a Dingwall D-Bird incoming in the new year that I need to pay for! 😂😂

I could contribute by offering a space to keep it or any of your other basses in case they feel left out a bit. :D

• Haha 2