Why become a member? ×

Is there a simple pedal to add a "rythm guitar" sound?

hankhill

I have a Mooer Tender Octaver that does the up octave really well, but I use it for other stuff rather than filling out the sound. What I've found best for me in our one guitar setup is my Zoom B3, using the BassDrive (Sansamp sim). I have it set pretty clean but have the expression pedal assigned to the gain parameter so that when the guitard goes off on one and I need to fill out the sound a little I just boost the grit a little using the pedal. It works well.... it'll do until something better comes along at least.

On 03/08/2018 at 17:37, Al Krow said:

I think the advice to not pretend to be a rhythm guitarist has got to be right; however thickening up your sound can be a good thing if done well. 

I personally prefer the Digitech Mosaic to the EHX Pitchfork, having had both, as it sounds a little more natural to my ears and a little less "digital".

Operative 451 also mentioned the Zoom B3n rhythm guitar patch which I agree is not too bad. 

Here's a few samples comparing them which I pulled together in a spare moment this afternoon:

1) plain (Yamaha BB1025 on P setting)

2) + Zoom B3n rhythm guitar

3) + dirt & chorus

4) + Mosaic & chorus

... you may decide you actually prefer the "plain" bass, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts :) 

BB1025 - plain.WAV

BB1025 + Zoom rthmgtr.WAV

BB1025 + dirt & chorus.WAV

BB1025 + mosaic & chorus.WAV

I hear what you're saying about the mosaic, it's a lovely organic sounding pedal but the pitch fork has the facility to pick the harmony interval eg 5th,so you can create a power chord. Sounds a bit nasty, though!