Why become a member? ×

August Composition Challenge - GET WRITING

Skol303

August's Composition Challenge is now underway!

Here’s the image for your inspiration, chosen by last month's winner, Bleat… 

88d8109b4940789173c995d86a4c826c.jpg

Rules:

• Avoid any content that other forum users may find offensive.
  • Make sure you have permission to use any 3rd party sounds and samples in your track.
  • Entries should be no more than five minutes long and written/produced during the month of the competition.
  • Still no bagpipes.

The deadline for entries is midnight on Friday 24th August.

this has given me a feel of a tune I did many moons ago , I think I might try and get that vibe on this one , it was an instrumental though , and I think you would all miss my dulcet vocal tones , so I think I will have to try even harder to squeeze them in this month :heart:

• Like 1

On 06/08/2018 at 16:31, MoonBassAlpha said:

You're fine, instrumental is good! :)

Well, you'll be even happier soon, as I have got a vocal done 👍

Ive had a blast with this , I'm normally a bit literal with my take on the photos but this one tied up with having the grandson for the week , he was such fun,  and the photo itself emanated the same thing, so I have a lively one roughed out 😊

hopefully upload it tommorrow 👍

• Like 1

Right so here is this months go.. Its 2.30 in the morning and I'm getting this posted just to stop myself messing about with it anymore. Its another funky, jazzy, instrumental thing as I like to do. I think I channelled a bad Stanley Clarke impression and Magnum PI for this one 😎

I hope you enjoy it 👍

Edited by JBP

Ooh, got mine done.

I'd tried a few things & never got anywhere that I liked.  Then on Sunday I was playing my Seaboard & looked at this pic again.  I came up with the chords & hook, so played them to a metronome, then tonight I added more strings, some bass and what I think might just be an appropriate drum pattern.  ⛱️ 

• Like 2

OK, here's my contribution to the August 2018 Basschat Composition Challenge, inspired by a picture chosen by last month's winner: Bleat.
Two synths, trebled up, and vocals from Bryn and Clara. A tiny spot of ride from Superior drums and that's all.
Umbrellas used to be made from bits of whale, y'know.
Thanks for listening, if you already have; if you're about to, enjoy.

• Like 1

It was a bit of a close one this month for getting this in again. Made it though :) Anyone find that a song starts off one way then turns into something completely different? Happened to me on this one.

It's a bit bassy. That Monark synth can kick it out in the low end. Don't turn your speakers up if they have anything below 40hz! Let me know if it's shaking the walls and I'll try and tame it a bit.

• Like 1