40hz

*Withdrawn *Musicman USA SUB 4 - £450
£525

£450

Here we have my beloved USA SUB.

This has been my main bass over the past 3 years and will be sad to see it go but have been using my Modulus Flea almost exclusively now.

It's one of the very first USA SUBs made dating back to May 2003. All original and un-fettered condition all-round aside from a few nicks (worst of all being a scratch on the upper bout that is hardly noticeable).

Body is Poplar and the neck has the nicest figured Rosewood I've ever seen on a production bass.

Weight is 9lbs.

I have recently had a new G-string tuner fitted (official Musicman part) as as with a lot of Musicman basses the original got slightly bent (I will supply this also as it is still functional).

Bass will also come with a black pickguard as well as the original metal-look scratchplate

Collection only or will meet up/deliver within a 70 mile radius to Witney in West Oxfordshire.

Will consider trade for Squier CV 60's Precision or Jazz plus cash my way.

IMG_20180908_172648409.jpg

IMG_20180908_172826722.jpg

IMG_20180908_172903442.jpg

IMG_20180913_181201926.jpg

IMG_20180913_181112078.jpg

IMG_20180913_181236592.jpg

IMG_20180913_181147095.jpg

IMG_20180913_181241545.jpg

IMG_20180913_181117190.jpg

IMG_20180913_181230869.jpg

IMG_20180913_181213582.jpg

IMG_20180913_181158129.jpg

IMG_20180913_181137840.jpg

Edited by 40hz
No longer wish to sell.

Recently bought one of these myself. 

Very solid well built instruments. Made on the same line as the stingray classic. Using the same electrics, pu etc. 

Great way to get an authentic ray tone without as much outlay.  

• Like 2

Best bang for buck on the planet, without question. I had a 5 string one a few years ago and it was downright amazing to play and the tone was epic. 

Good luck with the sale!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, grahamd said:

So sold?

Still available. Toying with keeping it however!

1 hour ago, 40hz said:

Too good a bass to let go. Sentimentality wins!

Wise choice. There's nothing for £450 that you could have bought that was better.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By simonroberts788
      Made in the USA in the San Luis Obispo factory in California, these first-generation SUBs are slab body Stingrays with the gnarly 2EQ, the same pickup, electronics and hardware as the top-of-the-range Rays but with a hard-wearing textured finish body and black painted neck. I had the back of the neck professionally stripped back to the maple and then finished in Tru-Oil - the same stuff Music Man use - for a super-fast natural feel. The rosewood board is really dark and just feels gorgeous and the neck profile is just perfect - it has that nice worn-in feel and is just a joy to play. I also added the matte black pickguard as the original thin diamond plate aluminium guards are naff. The red star sticker can easily be removed and will leave no mark - but it looked sick in my Rage Against the Machine tribute band. Also included is the Hipshot D-tuner worth £50 for slick tuning changes - no new holes were drilled to install this and I have the original tuner if you prefer. The bass looks great and feels as good as any Stingray I've played. I've had a few of these, a Stingray Classic and a Stingray 3EQ. It's pretty light too as the body is poplar rather than ash. It still has that trademark lively response and long sustain. These USA SUBs are legendary among Music Man aficionados - check out the buzz on the forums. Condition-wise the body is excellent with just a couple of nicks on the edge of the headstock. Schaller straplocks added. I can ship this in a Hiscox LiteFlite case or you can collect from St Agnes in Cornwall. I can also get it up to Bath with some notice as my parents come down to Cornwall every 6 weeks or so. Another option for cheaper shipping: I could remove the neck from the body and ship them together in a smaller box, then you can stick the neck back on. Contact me for a quote for the latter option.

• By siso0450
      I put on sale this wonderful Musicman, as new, has no dings.. 
      This classic Musicman model with Fingerboard and Bird's Eye neck cannot be easily found.
      Typical vintage Musicman sound, the same sound we hear on many of the albums of our favorite artists because Musicman is always present in them.
      I include your original box and shipping within the European Union is not a problem.
      The price is 1665 £ (1950 €) NO TRADES.... PLEASE.
      Specs:
      - Year: 2010 Made in USA
      - Ash body
      - Bolt-on Birdseye maple neck
      - Birdseye Maple fretboard
      - Dot fretboard inlays
      - 21 narrow width high profile frets
      - Graphite nut
      - Nut width: 44.5 mm (1 3/4")
      - Scale: 864 mm (34")
      - Fretboard radius: 7.5 inches
      - Pickup: Music Man AlNiCo humbucker
      - Electronics: 2-band active preamp
      - Volume, Treble, Bass controls
      - Black pickguard
      - Music Man Classic chrome bridge with stainless steel saddles
      - Schaller machine heads
      - Chrome hardware finish
      - Colour: Vintage Sunburst
      - Original Case
      - Made in USA
      - The ErniBall strings are on a week ago.
      Pics:

• By BenjiBones13
      Selling my beloved Stingray as I just dont really play it anymore bought in like 2008 new it's an amazing bass
      Active, EQ, piezo pickup as well as the humbucker
      Comes with hardcase (cosmetically bad but still funtional half pink) and spare pickguard original black and checkerboard, comes with straplocks