Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz always for sale

Quilly

4 hours ago, The59Sound said:

My one and only bass is a Jazz. Does a killer P sound and an awesome J sound plus anything in between. Put a Russian Muff on top and you're in heaven.

It is a Sadowsky mind...

Only one full stop please.

I normally like them in isolation and some even sound good live, however I always find the mostly slab shaped body and often present plastic pickguard and big bulky neck joints make the overall aesthetics of the things feel a bit poor. Especially for the prices they can often command. 

On 31/07/2018 at 21:30, Quilly said:

No matter what market place I look at these basses are always for sale. I’ve sold a few myself and never really found one I was happy with . Not just mim ones either , anything from squire affinity to vintage Mia basses. They seem to be far more available than p basses. Is there something not quite right with them , or what ?

i just bought a us j a couple weeks ago gigged it once on 27th for an hour and its gone back in its case and is up on the boards here and on facebook for sale - its a lovely bass in superb condition but i just dont like the feel of it but otherwise a huge J fan, like you say its not always easy finding the one you get on with when there are so many variants

I just bought a J bass through here last night and so far it's the only J I've ever had that has delivered tonally.  Always found them to be a little too thin (generally a P Bass man) but this one does everything I'd want it to do!

(Fast forward to 3 months time... )

• Like 1