Why become a member? ×

The Rush Tribute Project

LewisK1975

Very impressive - particularly the vocal, which with Rush is arguably the hardest thing to emulate.

Used to do this song with my covers duo (programmed drums/keys) years ago - it was one of the only Rush tracks I had the vocal range to sing, despite me sounding nowt like Ol' Bignose. Will be interesting to see how this chap gets on with the err, squeakier stuff! :D

• Like 1

I saw that clip last week and was really impressed. The bass player gets a great Geddy sound from his G&L bass.

Another fun Rush cover band are "Fred Barchetta" who feature Uriah Duffy (ex Whitesnake) on bass. The girl singer really nails the early Rush vocal on this track, I've included a YouTube link below:

(Incidentally, how do you embed YouTube clips in replied on this forum?)

http://youtu.be/HodK8zn7xz4

Edited by kevin_lindsay
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, kevin_lindsay said:

I saw that clip last week and was really impressed. The bass player gets a great Geddy sound from his G&L bass.

Another fun Rush cover band are "Fred Barchetta" who feature Uriah Duffy (ex Whitesnake) on bass. The girl singer really nails the early Rush vocal on this track, I've included a YouTube link below:

(Incidentally, how do you embed YouTube clips in replied on this forum?)

http://youtu.be/HodK8zn7xz4

I usually just press the SHARE button on Youtube and then COPY and then PASTE onto BC page.

Dave

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rogerstodge said:

Blimey that is the Gedster innit?

Nope, he's Pod. Used to work for Electro Music in Doncaster, but now works for Rich Tone in Sheffield.

He's still got a couple of Rush notation books of mine!

Edited by Skybone

17 hours ago, Johnny Wishbone said:

I'm pretty sure "Geddy" is Pod, the guitar tech who works at Richtone in Sheffield!

It is Pod. He used to work in Electro Music in Donny. IIRC, the other members of Bravado worked there too.

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 02:12, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yes, tough gig that one, but what a great job they do. If I’m being ultra picky, from what I’ve seen, the drummer is the weakest link. He does have rather large boots to fill though. I love the rear view mirror on the right side of the top keyboard. Great way to check when the drummer is throwing the hammer down.

yeah I agree, drummer isn't great. On that Limelight clip he's lagging behind the beat. He's sposed to be on top of it