Why become a member? ×

Headphone out......can it be used to connect speaker cab?

surfguy13

I don't think so. A headphone output is a hundred milliwatts or so, which is 0.1 watt. The lower impedance of the cab won't help. Also, I assume the headphone out is dual mono and needs a stereo plug. Inserting a mono quarter inch jack, or however big the socket is, is likely to short out one of the channels and could cause probs.

Thanks guys, really helpful.  You have confirmed what I suspected.  However, great to know that PJB do a powered cab @WinterMute, I will get on the case and check that out.

Also, the EH power-amp pedal looks like a really usable solution and it could just go on the pedal board so thanks for that @Prowla.  I will check that out too.

21 hours ago, WinterMute said:

Yes, I went an had a look after I saw your post but I could probably only contemplate the PB100 due to price and it's not giving me a lot over the Double Four amp I have as it is loaded with 2x5" speakers in a very compact cab.  I really wanted to try and use a larger cab to see if it would open the amp up a little.  I'd like to have tried one out before buying at close to £400 but there aren't any stockists any near where we are sadly.

31 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Absolutely love that 44 Magnum. Now all I have to do is dream up some weird application for it that would justify buying one ...

I do wonder how many have plugged its output into another pedal, though... 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surfguy13 said:

Yes, I went an had a look after I saw your post but I could probably only contemplate the PB100 due to price and it's not giving me a lot over the Double Four amp I have as it is loaded with 2x5" speakers in a very compact cab.  I really wanted to try and use a larger cab to see if it would open the amp up a little.  I'd like to have tried one out before buying at close to £400 but there aren't any stockists any near where we are sadly.

I've got a Super Flightcase in my studio, the PB300 looks grand with that as the SF only has line out as well. 

Quite like the idea of a 12x5 rig...