Why become a member? ×

Trace 1518, Original Driver?

Count Bassie

Trace did use some Fane and Precision Devices speakers, but it looks like a Celestion to me from the photos I see on the internet - same one they used in the 1153. If it has a small dome, it's a Celestion. You could use a more modern driver if you wanted.

On 30/07/2018 at 12:21, TheGreek said:

Used prices for TE gear is ridiculous - you could probably buy two replacement cabs for the price of the driver.

Watch the "For sale" threads, eBay and Gumtree. If you want a genuine TE 15" speaker I have a couple.

I got a nice offer from someone here for a 1518, thing is I'm over in Rhode Island, USA, and could buy a used vehicle for the price of shipping, I think!  But thanks for the offer.  I will be keeping my eyes open though, thanks.

I'll also look at the sites of those manufacturers, can call up US Speaker over here too.  I think Fane is popular your way though, no?  Also Trace being English, figured I might get some local knowledge from the old neighborhood here.  Thanks for the replies, all.

• 4 weeks later...